Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
kd9a1kR.jpg

GPD is working on a model with Windows 10 software and an Intel Atom Cherry Trail processor.

So far, it looks like GPD is considering a device with a 5.5 inch, 1280 x 720 pixel capacitive touchscreen, a physical keyboard for thumb typing, and game control buttons above the keyboard. The device has a clamshell-style design, allowing you to fold it up like a tiny notebook (or a Nintendo DS or 1st-gen NVIDIA Shield) for transportation or storage).

Other specs could include an Intel Atom x5-Z8500 (or Z8550) processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of eMMC storage, a microSD card reader, a micro HDMI port, a headset jack, WiFi, Bluetooth, a USB 3.0 port and USB Type-C port, and a 6,000 mAh battery.

Read More

This does look like a nice gaming handheld for playing PC games, and emulating console games.

I would probably like to have this if I was into PC games. Unfortunately I'm a console gamer instead.

I disagree. I wouldn't enjoy the experience of playing PC games on a 5 inch screen and a tiny keyboard. Sorry, but I need my large screen of at least 17 inches to enjoy PC gaming.

There is Micro-HDMI to let you connect this portable PC to a bigger monitor, and USB ports to use to connect it to a keyboard and mouse.

There is a built-in controller on the keyboard for playing games.

I think some games like Fighting games, Racing games, 2D games, and Side scrolling action games would be enjoyable on this PC.

Back