Graphics in the old games, from before 2005

lb

愛してるザラ
Full GL Member
Credits

Let's talk about the graphics of the older games, the games from the pre-2005 era. Do you remember the games with the best and the worst graphics you've played back then? Name some of the ones that have stuck with you.

Dude, lb is talking about graphic of post early 3D games aka Play 2 GameCube Xbox Gen. Resident evil 4 was one of the better looking games from that era, It has aged quite well even for modern standards. Also most 3D Nintendo game released before 2005 in Gamecube has some pleasant looking graphics to the eye. From the Playstation side, we got some games like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest VIII with some cell shaded beauty. For horrible examples, the only I can think of right now is GTA San Andreas and Sims 2 ports in playstation.

By the way, I don't know If you have played or remember a PS2 FPS called "Black" released during 2006 that graphically speaking was way ahead of its time.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. The unique cartoony style of the game actually made sure that even though it's pretty old, the game itself still ages pretty well. It's also easily my favorite Zelda game.

I remember the old harry potter games, good games. As for graphics, back then I would say N64 Zelda OoT still looks good.

Looking at the games from even as near as 10 years ago it's clear to see just how far gaming technology as come. I'm sure we all remember Paperboy?

The thing is, even though the graphics might not be great, even now I think it can still be played and enjoyed, so are the graphics even that important.

Looking at the games from even as near as 10 years ago it's clear to see just how far gaming technology as come. I'm sure we all remember Paperboy?

The thing is, even though the graphics might not be great, even now I think it can still be played and enjoyed, so are the graphics even that important.

Hated paperboy as much as I loved it and I loved it a lot :p

Maybe it's the nostalgia filter, but I think a lot of N64, SNES and NES games still look amazing. It depends on the game, but games like Majora's Mask, Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past still look amazing to me. The Gamecube has modern graphics in my eyes, as does the PS2 and Xbox.

Has anyone here played Morrowind? That game managed to do some pretty amazing things with its limited graphics. It actually managed to creep the hell out of me, more than many modern games that are intended to be scarier.

Back