Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
PC players who purchased The Trilogy were also left unable to play it for more than 15 hours since its release day due to the Rockstar launcher going down for “maintenance”. It’s not clear if this is related to the discovered game files.

According to one Twitter user who claims to have datamined The Trilogy’s files, all the music that was removed from San Andreas due to expired licences is actually still present and that the game simply chooses not to play it.

At this time, the launcher is now working, but not the end of the mess.

Rockstar Games parent company Take-Two Interactive has decided this is the perfect time to use DMCA takedown notices to remove some more GTA mods and fan projects.

On November 11, according to the folks over at the GTA modding site LibertyCity, Take-Two contacted them and used DMCA strikes to remove three different GTA-related mods. The three removed mods are listed below:

• GTA Advance PC Port Beta 2
  • The Lost and Damned Unlocked for GTA 4
  • GTA IV EFLC The Lost And Damned (65%)
GTA IV EEFLC (65%) isn’t even a mod! It’s just a save file for the game that lets players start from 65% completion. Yes, Take-Two used a DMCA strike against a save file for a game released over a decade ago.

And to finish up, the game has several wrong coded weather environments, making iconic fog missing or rain so hard you can't even play:

Sounds like this was rushed to market and I’ve seen quite a few bad things about it. Hopefully they work it out in a patch. Understandable there is only so much you can do in a remaster but it shouldn’t be this rough.

Hopefully, GTA TRILOGY has fewer problems in the future, and hire more workers to prevent these problems.

Sounds like this was rushed to market and I’ve seen quite a few bad things about it. Hopefully they work it out in a patch. Understandable there is only so much you can do in a remaster but it shouldn’t be this rough.

I think they handed it off to the lowest company they could find to redo it.

Back