Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
As of today, you can finally play GTA V online instead of offline like you've been doing for the past two weeks. To get online you must first install an update which is a 59MB file that can be gotten from PSN and Xbox Live.

But with a game that has already made a billion dollar in sales, there is no way in hell that online services will work out on day one. As reported on Kotaku, players are reporting issues, such as unavailable servers or the inability to find other players.

I would imagine it will take about a week for Rocksteady to get everything sorted out and till then work on GF's GTA V contest.

This was such a letdown.
Me and my brothers where so looking forward to this day only to have it dashed down by the lack of being able to actually play it.

Not that I'm surprised, I knew given how many players would try to get on and play that there would be problems, but given the absolutely HUGE amount of money Rockstar has made off of this game it is not unreasonable for them to get some really expensive and dedicated servers that can deal with this huge amount of players coming in.

From what i have read online, a very small amount of fans out of the millions upon millions of players of GTV5 out there have actually been able to get this to work for them.

Most are not able to get it started at all.

Demon_Skeith said:
I would imagine the servers were set up before the actual game was released. But has there been any game which it's online didn't go down on day one?

Wouldn't know, I'm really not a big online game player really, only play Halo and DC Universe online mostly.

I tend to check out online for other games once they have been out a while so I really do not get to see how day one of online server launches goes.

I tried today and played for like 10 minutes, but it's really bugged up so I decided to wait a week. I'm not at 100% on single player so I have plenty to do without getting trolled by clowns online just yet.

Maybe GTA V intentionally bought fewer servers than they need, so they can claim that their game is so popular and great that it crashed their online gameplay like how small websites sometimes posts that their website is so popular that it crashes a lot from traffic because they did not subscribe to better web hosting.

GTA V probably had a few months, and the launch week to prepare for the amount of people since they can probably guest how many people will go online during launch by knowing how many pre-orders they have for GTA V, and older games like GTA 4.

Back