Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Earlier this summer, the YouTuber Charles “Cr1tikal” White Jr. posted a $5,000 bounty to beat Halo 2 on the highest difficulty setting, with every bonus challenge modifier turned on, without dying. In the 18 years since Halo 2’s 2004 release on Xbox, no one had ever published evidence of completing the challenge. White’s challenge stipulates that the whole run is streamed, either on YouTube or Twitch. By July, no one had successfully stepped up to the plate, so last month, White tacked an extra $15,000 onto the bounty.

Most observers keeping tabs on the challenge had their money on Jervalin—a relatively private streamer who’s picked up a modest following for setting world records on a variety of Halo challenges—being the first person to complete it. Sure enough, late last night, he crossed the finish line. (Here’s the archived stream.)

Honestly, after reading the stuff he has to go through for the challenge, it seems like he deserves more than $20k. Hopefully the exposure will help him out a lot

Just goes to show the effort that really matters is still there in humanity with gamers. If I ever beat Kid Icarus Uprising 100% I would be proud of myself because it is a hard game when getting all the challenges done.

Honestly, after reading the stuff he has to go through for the challenge, it seems like he deserves more than $20k. Hopefully the exposure will help him out a lot
Twitch has become very hard to build a platform anymore, so hopefully, this is the case for him and provides that boost he needs to succeed.

Reactions: Ash
Just goes to show the effort that really matters is still there in humanity with gamers. If I ever beat Kid Icarus Uprising 100% I would be proud of myself because it is a hard game when getting all the challenges done.
Yeah, I mean, I would be extremely happy just getting 100% on a Rockstar game like GTA V or RDR2. It's way too annoying and long to get 100% on those games as well.

This is incredible! I've played Halo 2 and never had the success of achieving such a massive progress. I think the $20, 000 offer on the line is a great motivation for anyone trying it out. Congratulations to the winner for the win.

I am not good enough to do LASO, let alone Legendary. Maybe I should do EASO, NASO, and HASO first

Back