Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Any Halo fans excited to see this?

I am, even that I'm A PC gamer here, I always like the Halo games series :)

Game is officially delayed to 2021.

Today I want to share an important Halo Infinite development update with the community. We have made the difficult decision to shift our release to 2021 to ensure the team has adequate time to deliver a Halo game experience that meets our vision.

The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday.

We know this will be disappointing to many of you and we all share in that sentiment. The passion and support the community has shown over the years has been incredible and inspiring. We wanted nothing more than to play our game with the community this holiday. The extra time will let us finish the critical work necessary to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever at the quality we know our fans expect.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Chris Lee
Studio Head, Halo Infinite

The Xbox Series X launch is going to be very lacking now considering there won't be any first-party games at launch

Microsoft just posted this:

HELPING HANDS

As the team focuses on hitting our new launch window for the game, two Halo veterans have offered their helping hands. Pierre Hintze, the Head of our Publishing Team (MCC), will be joining the Halo Infinite team as a project lead for our Free-To-Play experience. He and his team have demonstrated an amazing ability to deliver new content, an excellent flighting program, and substantive updates across MCC over the past year. We look forward to having his expertise directly on the Halo Infinite team as we look to deliver a quality Free-To-Play multiplayer experience for everyone.

And last, but certainly not least, we’re excited to announce that our old friend Joseph Staten will be returning home to Halo for a bit. After helping launch Tell Me Why this week, he'll be coming on board as project lead for campaign as we push towards our 2021 release. The team has been working hard realizing our vision for campaign and we’re happy to have Joseph’s help to get it to the finish line.

For those of you who don’t know Joseph Staten, he wore many hats while working at Bungie for all of their Halo titles and even Destiny before joining the Xbox Games Studios family in 2014. If you enjoy Halo’s storylines, characters, and overall universe, he’s definitely one of the key people you have to thank. As product lead on Halo Infinite, however, Joseph will be focused on supporting the campaign team’s existing, talented, creative leaders and ensuring they have everything they need to create an awesome Halo game. His return to the franchise excites me and we’re all looking forward to having him on board!

Just read Halo Infinite Monster Energy drink promotion:
ACtAeee.jpg

wUgb30B.jpg

Buying cans or packs of Monster Energy drinks will give players a variety of different bonus items or special skins that can be unlocked once Halo Infinite releases. Players will be able to to grab Double XP boosts per can that they buy, along with a series of Snapchat filters that will turn players into Master Chief. Additionally, the campaign will feature special challenges with the filters that players can complete towards earning exclusive items in Halo Infinite, such as weapon skins, cosmetics, and emblems.

Read Halo: Infinite game director Chris Lee has left the project, from gematsu and bloomberg:

Lee is the second top director to leave the project in the past two years.

“I have stepped back from Infinite and I am looking at future opportunities,” Lee told Bloomberg. “I believe in the team and am confident they will deliver a great game and now is a good time for me to step away.”

Lee has worked at Halo series developer 343 Industries since 2008, a year after its founding, and has been partner studio head since 2016.

“Chris Lee remains a Microsoft employee and while he has stepped back from Halo: Infinite right now, we appreciate all he has done for the project to date,” a Microsoft representative said.

Saw this, they destroyed a piano for the sound effect stuff:

Back