Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Halo: Reach generated more than $200 million in sales in the United States and Europe in the first 24 hours of its release, according to Microsoft.

How's that compare to Halo 3? Good question, but not one easy to answer. When Halo 3 hit, Microsoft released sales figures for just the U.S., saying that the Xbox 360 exclusive reached $170 million in this country alone, setting a record for highest gross of any entertainment product within 24 hours of its release.

Because Microsoft is including Europe in the release sales figures for Reach and says only that this is a 2010 U.S. record, I suspect that Halo 3 outperformed its successor, at least initially. We've emailed Microsoft to see if they will clarify a few things for us.

"‘Halo: Reach' is the biggest game Microsoft has ever released, and its launch has already surpassed every game, movie and entertainment launch this year," said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "Every major installment has grown in scope and popularity, firmly cementing the ‘Halo' franchise as one of the most popular entertainment properties in the world over the past decade."

Update: Microsoft declined to tell me what the first-day U.S. sales for Halo: Reach were, saying that they are not breaking out those figures by region by are "very excited with the early results from the launch."

When I asked if they could tell me if Halo: Reach outsold Halo 3 in the first day in the U.S. without releasing numbers they said ""Halo Reach" is officially our biggest "Halo" game yet."

source

damn....

Back