Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

During Microsoft's E3 conference today, 343 Industries Studio Head Dan Ayoub revealed that Halo Wars 2 will be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC on February 21st, 2017.

The Halo Wars 2 beta for Xbox One was also confirmed for June 13 to June 20 and is live now.

I'm really excited about this game. Like actually super, super excited. I love Halo Wars 1. Despite what other people may have thought, it combined two of my favorite things: RTS and Halo. I spent so much time in that game, and achieved the 2nd or 3rd highest rank in the multiplayer, along with beating the single player multiple times. I'm so excited to see what new additions they'll have to this game. I wonder if they'll add any classes besides the 3 they had before. I think it was Marine, Covenant, and Brute. I doubt they could add anymore, but as long as there's a bunch of new unit types, it'll be great. I haven't really kept up with recent Halos story-line, so I don't know the extent of new units they'll have, but I'm hopeful. The only thing that really sucks for me is that the beta is only on Xbox for now. I know it's coming out for PC, but I really want to play it.

Apparently, the game is going to also have a PC beta available some time after the end of the Xbox One beta, and I'm really thankful for it. I was extremely bummed to learn that the beta will only run on Xbox One, especially after reading the leaks about the beta before E3 even started. I am really hyped for this game, and I'm even more hyped that pre-ordering the game's 80 dollar edition will give us not only the game and the season pass, but also a remastered edition of Halo Wars.

Not sure how I feel about this. I liked the 1st Halo Wars and I somewhat got into it. I just don't think it was so good that another game is now being announced. I love the Halo series though! I just hope it's a success at the end of the day.

I'm pretty excited for this one, 343 has completely lost my faith in their ability to make a Halo game that lives up to Bungie's legacy, but Halo Wars is a completely different animal and I think they can do the original justice. Really the cut scenes are a big part of the fun, and having multiplayer that has a balanced offering outside of the base rushing that dominated the first one.

So far it's looking good, the beta is a solid showing.

Back