Multi Happy birthday: Tetris, the world's most popular puzzler, turns 35

Danielx64

Credits
A little too late, happy birthday Tetris :)

full

Recap: Tetris was originally designed and developed by Russian programmer Alexey Leonidovich Pajitnov. Its name is derived from the words “tetromino” which is a geometric shape comprised of four squares, and “tennis,” reportedly Pajitnov’s favorite sport.

Thursday marks the 35th anniversary of Tetris, the iconic puzzler that originally dropped (no pun intended) on June 6, 1984.

Your first experience with Tetris probably occurred on Nintendo’s original Game Boy handheld console circa 1989 but the title has appeared – in some fashion or another – on virtually every platform since. Sega earlier this week even announced it as a bonus game for its upcoming Genesis Mini retro console.

Read the rest: Happy birthday: Tetris, the world's most popular puzzler, turns 35

Seriously, I am surprised that people still play this today and that it continue to
reinvent itself too.

One of the games that I played often back then on my Game Boy. An excellent game indeed, Tetris will always be a classic! Happy Birthday Tetris!

A bit late but a belated Happy Birthday to Tetris. It's still one of those games that don't look amazing but you could play for a while without getting bored.

Back