Happy Gilmore 2 (Netflix)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style

A sequel to classic 1996 Adam Sandler comedy Happy Gilmore may be in the making, as a first draft of the script has been written, according to actor Christopher McDonald, a cast member of the original film.

“I saw Adam about two weeks ago, and he says to me, ‘McDonald, you’re gonna love this,'” the actor shared in an interview on Audacy’s 92.3 The Fan. “I said, ‘What?’ He says, ‘How about that?’ and he shows me the first draft of Happy Gilmore 2.”

McDonald suggested that his comments should perhaps be “cut” from the interview, “because I don’t want to be a liar.” Still, he said, “he did show me that [script], and I thought, ‘Well, that would be awesome.’ So, it’s in the works. Fans demand it, dammit!”

Sources say the project will be for Netflix, where Sandler and Happy Madison have long had a deal, though the streamer is declining comment. Reps for Sandler also had no comment.

One of Sandler’s most popular films — and one of two, along with Billy Madison, that gives its name to his production company, Happy Madison — Happy Gilmore follows Sandler’s titular failed hockey player with a powerful slapshot and a volatile temper. When Happy’s grandmother, who raised him, is threatened with eviction from her home due to unpaid taxes, Happy discovers that he has a natural talent for golf, specifically driving the ball incredible distances.

Back