froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Most local electronics and computer stores sell new Intel Core i7 laptops with only 8GB or more GBs of RAM.

There is usually no option to buy a Intel Core i7 laptop with the same Intel Core i7 CPU and 4GB of RAM. 6GB of RAM is also becoming less common on laptops which has a faster CPU.

Buyers can save a little money like $30 by buying a laptop with less RAM, or installing another 4GB of RAM which they already own, or bought for a cheaper price than the cost of buying RAM which is pre-installed on a laptop where the maker of the laptop may charge more money for more RAM like how Apple charges more money for more RAM, and a larger SSD on its laptops, and PCs.

Last edited:
A lot of local retail stores selling mostly sell Intel Core i7 laptops with 8GB of RAM, and laptops with 4GB of RAM usually have slower CPUs like the Intel Celeron and Core i3.

Seems like if you need a i7 laptop, you need at least 8 GB of RAM. Any less seems like a waste.

Seems like if you need a i7 laptop, you need at least 8 GB of RAM. Any less seems like a waste.

This is true. But, there are people who already have a stick of 8GB of RAM which they bought for an more affordable price or got for free from a friend as a gift. They just need a powerful laptop, so they can install the 8GB of RAM which they already own onto a new laptop.

Some programs like antivirus programs are not very RAM intensive, but need a fast CPU for faster scan times.

A lot of Apple laptop users who use older Apple laptops used to upgrade their own RAM because Apple charges more money when you buy laptops with more RAM. But, now most Apple laptops have non-upgradeable RAM.

Back