Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

What do you do when Pokemon Go brings in billions of dollars? You bring in another brand to make that same money.

Niantic and Warner Bros. have revealed some new details on their upcoming Harry Potter mobile game, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. The title is slated to launch for Android and iOS devices later this year, but some prospective wizards are able to sign up for it right now.

Pre-registration for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is now open for Android users on Google Play, giving those who are interested in the title a chance to sign-up and potentially receive early access. Pre-registration is not yet available on the App Store, but the developers tell iOS players to "stay tuned for more updates" on that front.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is a Pokemon Go-like take on J.K. Rowling's beloved series. As a member of Statute of Secrecy Task Force, players must explore the real world and locate Foundables--important people and items in the wizarding world--and dispel the Confoundable magic that's trapping them.

Interesting. Something else for people to go crazy for.

I am a fan of the wizarding world and the whole Harry Potter series but I'm not sure if I'll get this game. I've heard that games similar to this have been unsafe to play and have caused (or almost caused) accidents to happen because people were paying too much attention to these games and not their actual surroundings.

Interesting. Something else for people to go crazy for.

I am a fan of the wizarding world and the whole Harry Potter series but I'm not sure if I'll get this game. I've heard that games similar to this have been unsafe to play and have caused (or almost caused) accidents to happen because people were paying too much attention to these games and not their actual surroundings.

What do you expect when you setup game play moments in crowded areas?

I got a pre-registration notification for this which is weird considering I never played any Harry Potter games. Must be because I tried Pokemon Go ages ago. Do they not think it might be too late for this craze?

What do you expect when you setup game play moments in crowded areas?

Not that I want to see people get hurt but I expect there to be accidents.

I got a pre-registration notification for this which is weird considering I never played any Harry Potter games. Must be because I tried Pokemon Go ages ago. Do they not think it might be too late for this craze?

I just wonder if they are not trying to keep the Harry Potter craze going. Or are you talking about craze for that type of game?

Not that I want to see people get hurt but I expect there to be accidents.
I just wonder if they are not trying to keep the Harry Potter craze going. Or are you talking about craze for that type of game?
I was talking more about this type of game (is it considered as being AR games?). Harry Potter will always be a popular market so nothing wrong with going with that. Just not sure how well a Pokemon Go style game would do.

Okay. I'm not sure how well it would do either. Since it's a Harry Potter version of the game, it might do pretty well unless people are just bored with it and it's run it's course.

I heard EVE On-line is launching a mobile MMO. I might check that out! :)

This game looks nice for a Harry Potter game. Hopefully, the plot and storyline for the game is good.

My g/f likes those Harry Potter games. She has the "Lego" ones. hehehe

Same here. I love the lego ones. But I don't know about getting this game on my phone. I'd be afraid of it causing a distraction and I don't want to get hit by a car or something.

I can see this game causing a large group of Harry potter fans which gather at public places. Hopefully, people try to play this game safely be sitting down on a bench or chair, and not playing this game in the middle of the street or sidewalk where they can bump into objects like a sign post or other people.

Same here. I love the lego ones. But I don't know about getting this game on my phone. I'd be afraid of it causing a distraction and I don't want to get hit by a car or something.
The makers of EVE On-line are apparently releasing a mobile game. I can see the cars crashing right now! hehe

Back