Haters gonna hate?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Okay, I've noticed before that there have been some people (when discussing which console/system they think is better) that are completely against a particular system. I am a Nintendo fan and always have been ever since I got into video games. I don't hate on the other systems. I'm just more into Nintendo because they produced more games that interest me. It isn't worth it (in my opinion) to spend that kind of money on a console if there are only 1 or 2 games that I'm going to play. A console has to produce quite a few games for me to even consider purchasing it.

Anyway, why do certain people hate on opposing system/consoles so much?

It's usually because they're children. It's a certain... complex they have that allows them to behave in such a way. It's a console wars type of thing, you don't generally see adults participating in such a thing, but I guess it's still fairly common among children.

Pretty much what Link said. I pretty much agree with the whole Nintendo has more games that interest me. I don't feel like spending $400 for one or two games that I may or may not enjoy.

Don't hate anything. Just everyone is different on their respective side

The reason there is, sadly the name has already been established among the gaming community, a console war is due to a human need to be the Alpha. The big dog of the pack. It's commonly found in children but carries on to older generations as well. Most of us, we toss that want aside because it's pointless. Others just can't help it. It's the same thing when two fandoms, lets use Supernatural and Doctor Who for this instance, argue about which one is better. Neither really cares which one is actually better, just that the one they like is the better one. Acceptance is another card that comes into play. It's in human nature to seek acceptance. To be accepted by others. You can see this in children who are overly eager to tell you about things they like. When someone tries to pressure you into watching/playing/doing something because it's the coolest thing since cucumbers.

I'm sure, at some point, I was one of the people who argued about what's better. Trying to make someone else be interested in what I was. Now, I really don't care. I look at everything objectively. Personally, I prefer Sony. I enjoyed Nintendo as a child but I've owned the first, second, and third generations of playstation. I still enjoy Nintendo. I have no need to dislike it. I'll never turn down a Mario game. I also don't hate xBox. I don't own one because the few games that are xBox only don't interest me enough to buy one. I do enjoy some of the features though, like party chat. I'd really like to be able to talk with my friends in and out of games.

Basically, a majority of the haters are younger demographics who feel they have something to prove. You will find older demographics who also fight in the endless console war. All you have to do is ignore them. Let them burn themselves out with the endless battle. Maybe one day they'll realize it's not worth it.

The reason there is, sadly the name has already been established among the gaming community, a console war is due to a human need to be the Alpha. The big dog of the pack. It's commonly found in children but carries on to older generations as well.
Well, to be fair Nintendo and SEGA started the whole "console war" nonsense. Which I fell for back then and I regret because there were so many good games for SEGA consoles that I missed out on. Since then, the companies haven't considered it a war. In fact, I've seen things where they congratulate each other and support each other. It's rare, but you see it. And it's not like you see them bash each other like Nintendo and SEGA with the whole, "Nintendo is what Genesisn't" and "Genesis does what Nintendon't." Now a days, like you said, it all falls on kids who insist on arguing which is better.

Well, to be fair Nintendo and SEGA started the whole "console war" nonsense. Which I fell for back then and I regret because there were so many good games for SEGA consoles that I missed out on. Since then, the companies haven't considered it a war. In fact, I've seen things where they congratulate each other and support each other. It's rare, but you see it. And it's not like you see them bash each other like Nintendo and SEGA with the whole, "Nintendo is what Genesisn't" and "Genesis does what Nintendon't." Now a days, like you said, it all falls on kids who insist on arguing which is better.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't care back in the day. I had a lot of fun playing Sonic and Mario. Both systems were equally impressive. It's actually common among good sports to congratulate rivals when you lose or they do better. It's like a sports match and each team is trying to get the most points. Yeah, though it can be seen in some of the older crowd, it is typically common for the younger demographic to fight and argue about who is better.

Back