Have you updated your Apple device to IOS 13?

Danielx64

Credits
For those with an Apple device, have you upgraded to IOS 13 yet? I upgraded my work phone to IOS 13 on the day it comes out and I am liking it.

Right now my favourite feature is dark mode.

nope, don't own any fruit :p

No, for some reasons you need WiFi to install iOS updates, mobile data is not enough.

My guest is Apple make it a requirement to use Wi-Fi to install iOS updates, so they don't get complaints that the updates cause iOS users to spend a lot of money on overage charges when they go over their bandwidth limit for their monthly cell service plan. Some cheaper cell phone service companies still have bandwidth limits of 500MB, and you pay a lot of money in overage charges after going over the bandwidth limit, data is turned off unless you buy more data, or the cell phone company slow down your data connection where downloading the iOS update would take a long time like many hours to days.

Some updates are big, being over 2GB at one point. The latest one I installed was only about 200MB download size.

I remember when Linux and older Windows Operating Systems like XP and ME can fit on a single 700MB CD. I wish mobile OS and mobile games and apps had smaller file sizes.

Back