Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Saw first pic:

Batgirl is set to be released on HBO Max in 2022 and will be directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah. Alongside Grace, it will also star Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon, Brendan Fraser as Garfield Lynns/Firefly, and Jacob Scipio in an unknown role.

I've heard things about Batwoman being negative from a political view but will this one be the same? Ah whatever, I might never watch it unless it ties into the story of The Batman 2022.

I will be tuning in! I love the quote. It's true, people's expectations can truly be their downfall.

Read from CBR:

Michael Keaton will don the cowl once again in February 2022 when he joins the set of Batgirl. The DCEU film, which will stream exclusively on HBO Max upon release, began filming in November 2021. Keaton's last appearance as the character was in 1992's Batman Returns, making it 30 years since the actor filled the Caped Crusader's boots.

Read from CBR:

Michael Keaton will don the cowl once again in February 2022 when he joins the set of Batgirl. The DCEU film, which will stream exclusively on HBO Max upon release, began filming in November 2021. Keaton's last appearance as the character was in 1992's Batman Returns, making it 30 years since the actor filled the Caped Crusader's boots.

I mean if anyone liked/disliked him in Batman before hopefully, he doesn't get tomatoes on his suit.

I mean if anyone liked/disliked him in Batman before hopefully, he doesn't get tomatoes on his suit.
Keaton is still the best live action Batman to me, his bat-turn, his batman voice compared to the others so far.

Keaton is still the best live action Batman to me, his bat-turn, his batman voice compared to the others so far.

While the character feels like he should, the fact he can't move his head is silly, the lighting and characters make it feel like a stage play, and there isn't much substance other than a basic plot and most entertaining emotion from the villains. But the thought of the action feels like Adam West stuff.

While the character feels like he should, the fact he can't move his head is silly, the lighting and characters make it feel like a stage play, and there isn't much substance other than a basic plot and most entertaining emotion from the villains. But the thought of the action feels like Adam West stuff.
true part of the 90s stuff but Keaton's batman voice feels natural unlike the others + Keaton's acting as batman is still the best, to me.

Like mentioned in this article

Keaton was extremely collected as Batman, unlike Affleck or Bale, who seemed to have a competition of anger, melodrama and aggression. Although he was menacing and terrifying, his voice made all the difference, and he did not have to channel his anger into the role. His emotional detachment and distance as Bruce Wayne were evident, which made the conflict even more visible.

Last edited:
Read from CBR:

New report claims Warner Bros. is planning on shelving Batgirl, despite considerable time and money having been sunk into the project.

The New York Post claims an inside source told the paper that Warner Bros. plans to scrap Batgirl, which was expected to debut on HBO Max. "They think an unspeakable Batgirl is going to be irredeemable," the source said, pointing to the film's alleged reception at test screenings. Though shocking, the news was quickly corroborated by The Wrap. The film is estimated to have cost between $70 and $100 million. If the reports are true, it would make for a shocking turn considering how deep into production the movie is.

Read from CBR:

New report claims Warner Bros. is planning on shelving Batgirl, despite considerable time and money having been sunk into the project.

The New York Post claims an inside source told the paper that Warner Bros. plans to scrap Batgirl, which was expected to debut on HBO Max. "They think an unspeakable Batgirl is going to be irredeemable," the source said, pointing to the film's alleged reception at test screenings. Though shocking, the news was quickly corroborated by The Wrap. The film is estimated to have cost between $70 and $100 million. If the reports are true, it would make for a shocking turn considering how deep into production the movie is.

Damn, that is a gutsy move, shame we'll never see it... till a hero leaks it.

Back