Multi Hitman isn't an early access game, says dev

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
"Everything we launch will be finished, polished and completed. When people hear Early Access they often think unfinished, unpolished and buggy. That's the opposite [to what we're doing]," IO Interactive's Hannes Seifert has told VideoGamer.

The Hitman reboot has received some criticism after it was announced the game would release in an unfinished state, with further content being added at a later date. This has made many think that the game would be an early access game.

"I don't mind the actual word, I mind the associations that many people have with that, and we think that could drive people in the wrong mindset because that's not what we're going to do. It's going to be extremely polished," the studio head explained.

We understand the point but cannot help but think this business model isn't the best. I personally feel that Square Enix should have delayed the game a little and released the game complete, adding extra side stories as DLC instead.

unfinished state, with further content being added at a later date.

I planned on getting this game, now...... I don't think so. I'll wait for some game of the year edition.

I planned on getting this game, now...... I don't think so. I'll wait for some game of the year edition.
Yeah it leaves a bit of a sour taste. The completion of the story will all be free after the purchase of the game, but not something I'd bother with until it was completely released.

Back