Horror/Psychological anime recommendations?

anorexorcist

Full GL Member
Credits
Hello, strangers.
It's been a while since I don't really watch anime just for fun and I want to start over, lol. And I really like horror/psychological related animes, do you have any recommendations for me?
I have already watched Hirugashi no naku koro ni, Another, Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, and Blood c.
Anyone? :rolleyes:

Hellsing Ultimate is one that you need to watch.

I second Hellsing Ultimate. Watch X (the movie) as it fits the description, but it was completely disgusting to me. The TV show is much better, although it does not have horror elements.

Some more horror/psycho: Urotsukidoji (lots of shocking stuff, so caution there), Vampire Hunter D, Texnolyze...but probably the one most in line with your taste would be Claymore (female slashers and lots of blood and gore). And if you like Claymore, you can proceed to watch the show that inspired it - Berserk. It has the most messed up story development in the entire anime genre. Watch the old 1997 TV show first, as it is a lot more detailed. The new movies are just not it, they stray away from the manga atmosphere a lot and don't get into details. The old version is better in that regard, but there is a consensus among Berserk fans that the manga is the best of them all. :)

I second Hellsing Ultimate. Watch X (the movie) as it fits the description, but it was completely disgusting to me. The TV show is much better, although it does not have horror elements.

Some more horror/psycho: Urotsukidoji (lots of shocking stuff, so caution there), Vampire Hunter D, Texnolyze...but probably the one most in line with your taste would be Claymore (female slashers and lots of blood and gore). And if you like Claymore, you can proceed to watch the show that inspired it - Berserk. It has the most messed up story development in the entire anime genre. Watch the old 1997 TV show first, as it is a lot more detailed. The new movies are just not it, they stray away from the manga atmosphere a lot and don't get into details. The old version is better in that regard, but there is a consensus among Berserk fans that the manga is the best of them all. :)

Crap X is horror? I got the tv series waiting to be watched and didn't realize it was horror.

Crap X is horror? I got the tv series waiting to be watched and didn't realize it was horror.

The movie, not the TV show. Has a lot of blood and gore, some disturbing scenes, animation style is different. The TV show is made for teenagers and young students, so no that one isn't horror/psycho but it is a much better adaptation of the manga than the movie.

I highly recommend Parasyte-the maxim and Tokyo Ghoul. These are good horror/psychological animes and have live action films.

Back