How did the reputation slim/thin desktops being more likely to overheat start?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel the Xbox 360 original version and some more hot running laptops having overheating and reliability problems may of cause people to think slim/thin desktops are more likely to overheat.

I used many slim desktops at school, and home, and I rarely get overheating problems when using slim desktops for average tasks like watching online videos.

Some of it could be people who are used to using computers for more intensive tasks, like gaming, are worried about thermals. Sometimes you get caught up with using computers for one thing, you forget people use them differently. Kind of like how some PC gamers only think of computers as a gaming device.

Because they are thin? Need room to breath really.

Because they are thin? Need room to breath really.

Some slim desktops have many cooling vent holes and faster spinning cooling fans which help with moving more air into the case. Some slim desktop have internal power supply with a small cooling fan to help move more hot air out of the case.

all it takes is a bad background process to really heat things up.

A task manager or software can help with monitoring background processes to see which programs are using a lot of RAM and CPU resources.

I feel a virus can also heat things up. I think some viruses are made to mine cryptocurrency like Bitcoin which requires a lot of power to mine.

I believe that is the case.

Overeating is a very common problem and it's observed more in thin/slim devices because of the build

I feel overheating and hot running smartphones may make some people think that slim/thin desktop PC are more likely to overheat even if the slim PC have a good enough cooling system to cool the slim pc's CPU and other internal parts like RAM.

Back