How do people beat video games so quickly now?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Like say, all the people beating sandbox games within what seems a few days or weeks?

Because recently, Zelda Breath of the Wild came out. Yet somehow, people have already completed every shrine, and in one case even found all 900 Korok Seeds scattered throughout the land.

How does that work?

Do some people never actually do anything but play video games? How do you have the time and energy to 100% complete massive games in a matter of days or weeks?

Some people just have time. I beat a lot of games back in college during my free time. Just after we had our baby, my wife would go to bed early and I'd stay up an extra 3-4 hours, do a late feeding, and then my wife would get up for the early feeding. I was able to get the Platinum trophy for The Order 1886, AC Unity, and BioShock within a month and a half. I also did just about everything I could in Arkham Knight minus the Riddler trophies and I poured 80 hours into Skyrim and I'm getting close to beating Far Cry 4. It also helps that I've been off every Thursday and Friday since the beginning of January.

That's all done now. Our baby is sleeping through the night so I don't do a midnight feeding, and my paternity leave is up so I'm back to working full time. I've had Breath of the Wild since it came out and I just now reached the first "dungeon". I wish I still had those 3-4 hours every night, those were great for really digging into games.

Just way too much time/no lifes. Granted I have somewhat a life (job, school, friends) so I can't sit down and play out a whole game in a short span of time. But I know some people will take time off of work to play a game, they will stock up on energy drinks and snacks and just marathon a game easily. I know I read somewhere that energy drink sales tend to spike up around a launch of a big game.

I do wish I had a lot of these multi ending or large open world games back when I was younger which I had 8 or more hours in a day to play games, these days I'm lucky if I get in 1-2 hours.

Yeah I would say that people take a week off from work or if the timing is right the games comes out in school holidays. Seriously there are many games that I haven't fully finished yet.

People put a lot of time into them. I physically can't find the time (and also can't tend to keep interest) for long enough to do this though. I go at a snails pace.

I have no idea. I've been playing BotW since the day it came out and I've been playing it heavily. I just beat it like 10 minutes ago and I have like 105 hours on it. There are people who have 100%ed the game in less time than me.

There is a variety of reasons why people can get through games so fast. Some people might have a lot of free time and choose to spend it gaming. Or perhaps someone is in a situation like I am, where all of their friends are hours away and there's really nothing else to do. Then you have streamers, who earn their money playing video games, which obviously gives them the ability to spend a lot of time each day going through games.

There's also people who use guides when they play games, allowing them to prevent themselves from spending time doing pointless things and get straight to 100% as fast as possible.

I am one of the people who spend a lot of time gaming. If I'm not at work or out shopping, I'm home gaming.

I've beat several video games but I don't recall being able to beat it so quickly. For one thing, I don't have the free time to be able to just sit and play video games non-stop for several days in a row. I have a job I have to go to and I have to get my playing time in around my job.

The last game I really played was Mafia II. It had such a great story that I couldn't stop playing it. I wish now I had taken my time. I think if a game has a great story line, it gets the player immersed into it and they want to finish it. Just my thought based on personal experience.

I have a full time job and other hobbies/obligations to tend to, so except on weekends I can only get about 1-2 hours a day. Other people have less obligations, so they can sit down and play video games for several hours a day.

Also after I got into college, I never had the patience to sit down and put 12 hours of gaming in one day. I just can't do it anymore.

Back