How do you connect your speakers to your PC?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I use the 3.5mm headphone/audio jack to connect my speakers to a PC.

the green 3.5mm headphone/audio jack for mine as well. Though I imagine it won't be too long before its usb.

the green 3.5mm headphone/audio jack for mine as well. Though I imagine it won't be too long before its usb.

I agree USB can be the most popular way of connecting your PC to PC speakers. There are USB sound cards with 3.5mm audio ports, so using USB is not a big deal. The audio quality is better on USB Creative Sound Blaster external Sound Cards compared to the sound chips on most motherboards.

Some newer Apple laptops no longer have the 3.5mm headphone jack, and you need to use USB speakers, or buy an USB to 3.5mm adapter if you want to use 3.5mm speakers, or headphones on a newer Apple laptop.

On the new MacBook Pro models, every port is now a USB-C port, which is pointless IMO.
If only the technology would be far enough to properly get replaced, I would understand that.
But at this time, too many devices don't support USB-C, meaning Apple has the right to $$$ you out on buying converters.

This is why I'm thankful I bought a MacBook Pro model before this rather risky change happened.

On the new MacBook Pro models, every port is now a USB-C port, which is pointless IMO.
If only the technology would be far enough to properly get replaced, I would understand that.
But at this time, too many devices don't support USB-C, meaning Apple has the right to $$$ you out on buying converters.

This is why I'm thankful I bought a MacBook Pro model before this rather risky change happened.

It would of been nice of Apple to include an USB-C adapter which has both a headphone jack, SD Card slot, and a few USB A Female port on the adapter.

Back