Switch How has Switch won over third party?

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
There seems to be a lot more third party games for Switch coming out than there ever was for Wii U or most consoles before it. Why? Is it a change in their strategy? Are Nintendo fans just buying more of the games - if so, why?

Believe it or not, but most 3rd parties are seriously struggling to get their hands on a Switch dev kit, the SDK, or even access to any Switch dev-related information at all.
This is especially true for indie game developers, which Nintendo hand picks select developers and publishers to work with, forcing everyone else to stick with the Wii U and 3DS.

I've been a 3rd party for over 4 years, and I've built a solid relation with Nintendo over time, with a big portion of the developer departments of NCL, NOE, and NOA knowing me very well (some from NOE and NOA even know me in person!).
And yet, they won't allow me any access to any Swtich stuff, same with thousands of other folks and companies.
So that's among the reasons I recently resigned.

I know I've been posting more about Switch releases on the weekly game release of late more than I have in the last few years.

Believe it or not, but most 3rd parties are seriously struggling to get their hands on a Switch dev kit, the SDK, or even access to any Switch dev-related information at all.
This is especially true for indie game developers, which Nintendo hand picks select developers and publishers to work with, forcing everyone else to stick with the Wii U and 3DS.

I've been a 3rd party for over 4 years, and I've built a solid relation with Nintendo over time, with a big portion of the developer departments of NCL, NOE, and NOA knowing me very well (some from NOE and NOA even know me in person!).
And yet, they won't allow me any access to any Swtich stuff, same with thousands of other folks and companies.
So that's among the reasons I recently resigned.

very interesting, sad to hear that as well. Nintendo needs to let more people in on their console.

Back