How large is the GTA 6 map compared to GTA 5's map?

Deep

Full GL Member
Credits
I think the Florida setting is gonna be awesome. Miami, Orlando (Disneyland), the Everglades, and some small rural towns give a lot of opportunities for diverse experiences and missions. I am very excited for this

I can see it being slightly bigger, but not much, no reason to have empty space floating around.

I can see it being slightly bigger, but not much, no reason to have empty space floating around.
Rumours are that's its going to be quite a bit bigger than the 5 map. Will be interesting to see how they handle the empty space because even the smaller GTA 5 had quite a lot of it which was annoying

Rumours are that's its going to be quite a bit bigger than the 5 map. Will be interesting to see how they handle the empty space because even the smaller GTA 5 had quite a lot of it which was annoying
It’s rumored to be 2x the size of the 5 map, but new activities will also be added.

More details & leaks:
- Big focus on heists and drug trade
- Huge focus on interactivity. At on point in the leaks the player can interact with a gumball machine
- Over 1,500 world events
- Highly improved water physics with focus on water-related events
- Online mode will feature role-play
- 2026 delay is on the table as an emergency plan
- Map is 2x size of GTAV
- 70% enterable buildings
- 3 major cities and 4 smaller cities
- 3 islands, 2 of them are inspired by Cuba, Bahamas
- New locations: NASA-inspired space center (SERA), Disney-inspired theme park (Fairyland)
- Returning locations: Malibu Club, Ocean View Hotel, Little Haiti, Leaf Links
- Stealing expensive cars will require specific tools
- Police AI significantly improved, behaving like real life
- NPCs have their own lives and make real-time decisions based on what’s around them
- Body weight mechanic and dual-wielding from San Andreas return
- Gore and dismemberment return
- 3D volumetric clouds and dynamic weather system
- Dynamic relationship system between Jason & Lucia
- New activities: football, surfing, mud clubs
- Returning activities: basketball, tennis, bowling, gyms, fishing, shooting range, night/strip clubs and golf

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ash
Back