How much do you use your smartphone?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
In general? Are you absolutely glued to it, perhaps because you're playing Pokemon GO at the moment?

Is it only an occasional thing?

Or do you only check your phone when you've actually got an incoming call or notification?

I'm not always on it, but I'm on it a lot anyway. Like, I have a horrible Twitter addiction, but I don't follow a lot of people who do stuff all the time. Plus Pokemon Go is sucking me into more.

I'm not always on it, but I'm on it a lot anyway. Like, I have a horrible Twitter addiction, but I don't follow a lot of people who do stuff all the time. Plus Pokemon Go is sucking me into more.

Ah yeah. Pokemon GO can certainly be addictive.

Not much for phone and texting is concerned, I use it a lot as a MP3 player though.

Using as an MP3 player? I've seen a few people do that before. Does it work well? Is the audio quality really good enough on an iPhone or the likes?

anyone is, even myself. Yet I don't use it that much for calls and texting just data. I spend allot of time watching Youtube and talking to mates on voxer or kik and using twitter

In general? Are you absolutely glued to it, perhaps because you're playing Pokemon GO at the moment?

Is it only an occasional thing?

Or do you only check your phone when you've actually got an incoming call or notification?
Honestly... I'm on my phone all the time. From the simplest things like seeing what time it is to logging into my mobile banking to move money around or look at recent purchases. Smartphones have changed our day to day lives forever. For the better I believe.

I was kind of late in the wake of smartphones, so everybody was past the novelty when I was tripping about things people take now for granted, like being able to browse the internet, have good quality pictures, being able to get free applications, etc.

But that was a while ago. Soon I became used to it and part of my routine.

I don't like getting glued for the notifications and I have made a conscious effort to minimise the impulse to check them on the spot. I used to feel I should answer everything before I forgot or else, but there is not "or else". As much as the applications allow me, I try to keep sound for my mobile text messages and real-time chat. If anyone followed on twitter, quoted me in a forum I follow in Tapatalk, or Amino is doing something, all that can wait. A vibration and led is enough.

I also made my phone not to display notifications on the lock-screen, the led basically tells me if there is something since last time, and once I unlock the phone I can check what was the hurry. Way better than seeing "tagged here" check this" and feeling stressed or too curious even if I couldn't or shouldn't devote time to checking them out.

Facebook and twitter, I visit them through my browser so they don't dumb notifications every few hours. Facebook still manages to send me the occasional pointless "do you know X" kind of notifications, but it is still a lot less frequent than having it for each in real time. If I care that much about them I could visit their sites enough to notice whatever they are alerting me about. if I don't then, what's the problem? No web should make us feel like we're missing a duty for not checking them often enough.

I use my phone to play Pokémon Go. I like to do a few rounds in the mall before my work shift. I also like at night or morning to play the daily winnable deal challenge of my solitaire app. I also use my mobile for the calendar, to track my work shifts and have it notify me 3 hours prior to start getting ready since I am a procrastinator that easily loses track of time.

While I use my mobile to play youtube videos and browse on occasion I still rather a proper desktop for most of that kind of things if they are available.

Mainly when I'm out so I can call home if needed. I also like to take pics of my cat for Instagram and FB. hehe

I imagine I'll be using it a lot more now that I'm getting a 32GB microSD card for my phone! :grin:

I use my phone probably a few hours a day, check FB, send email's and play err...candy crush.

I still have my trusty HTC one and I will probably upgrade in a few years

So, guess you're pretty addicted to using it too? Not surprising, running a gaming site tends to mean you need to be ready on your phone at all times nowadays...

So, guess you're pretty addicted to using it too? Not surprising, running a gaming site tends to mean you need to be ready on your phone at all times nowadays...

I wouldn't say addicted, id say it's more essential like you pointed out when you are running and especially designing a website you need to have a mobile phone handy to check responsiveness and functionality.

But yeah, I can't help myself play some 8 ball pool or candy crush, those games are addicting, man.

I believe I may or may not be telling the truth when I say that my phone has not even been charged at all this year. I pretty much very rarely use my phone. As my first sentence suggests, when my battery dies, it'll probably take a few weeks before I can be bothered to charge it. I'm the exact opposite of a typical phone addict.

Back