Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Title says it, how often do you clean the software part of your computer's desktop?

Just finished doing mine, only about 7 gb of stuff deleted :p

I manually clean my desktop every few months.

But, I use programs like Disk Cleanup, and BleachBit a few times a week to remove temporary junk files.

Last edited:
When I find that I got too many icons on my desktop is when I clean it up or when I can't find something.

Well, probably once in every 6 months or so.
I am just too lazy to do it....

Every few months.

I also clean the desktop from inside, meaning removing the dust every few months.
The dust may cause overheating of your motherboard.
This is even more important then cleaning the software!

software? uhh... I was told by my friend (who's a computer scientist) not to mess with software since I have an SSD (both for OS & Storage).
But I do used compressed air to clean the inside of the computer tower once a month. and clean my desk weekly from dust. A bit much, but I prefer to have a clean desk. haha

software? uhh... I was told by my friend (who's a computer scientist) not to mess with software since I have an SSD (both for OS & Storage).
But I do used compressed air to clean the inside of the computer tower once a month. and clean my desk weekly from dust. A bit much, but I prefer to have a clean desk. haha

SSD only do so much, still need to clean up lingering files on your PC.

oh I thought you meant on the desk area, I clean that up 1-2 times per day cause of dust.
but inside, I only have my games installed, and when I beat them, I uninstall.

Back