How often do you spell check/ fix grammer for your websites, post, or other forms of text before yo

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I usually do not spell check my posts on forums, since I have it disabled on my browser. If I see a spelling mistake after re-reading my text then I fix it if I am logged in.

I try to catch grammer mistakes before I publish my stuff.

If it is a very important document like a resume, letter to a school, government office, homework, or articles on my website about computers then I reread it a couple times since first impressions are important when finding a job, applying for schools, and attracting new visitors.

But, I don't tend to double check my posts, replys, IMs, social network comments, or e-mails to friends and family since those forms of text are not work or school related.

My computer underlines spelling mistakes on IF
forums and such so I just google the word. Screw
my grammar, since I RP though on adv. lit. sites
I try to look good. I normally just use a word counter.
But running through MW is good when I have a chance!

I usually dont misspell things, but i leave the automatic spell checker on because i hate misspelling in the first place.
I dont usually check for grammar mistakes either, but if I see one, I fix it.

Never, lol. I'm a typo making professional. I proofread, on occassions after i make a post, but get to busy, and just leave it as it is.

I'm not a bad speller, I just type so fast, and get in a hurry to spell check or proof reaD EVERY SINGLE POST.

^^^ see, I accidentally hit the caps key, and, instead of simply deleting it, and replacing the caps text, it's quicker for me to explain why i made the mistake, and leave it there

Oh this reminds me

"One there is no prostitute for proofing your own work. And three the red penis is your friend"
- Taylor Mali in The The Impotence of Proof Reading

I love Taylor Mali

I always proof check whatever i write and publish. Currently reading Butcher's copy-editing book for improving my skills. When that becomes your bread and butter cannot ignore mistakes.

I use spell check most of the time. But don't rely on it too much, because you often have to proofread what you wrote for yourself to see if everything makes sense, such as making sure subjects and verbs in sentences agree, double negatives, etc.

Back