How regularly do you save in video games?

How often do you save in video games?

• I save every few steps. Better be prepared for the unexpected!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • About once every room and before major things like boss battles or rare Pokemon

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I save every hour or so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only ever save when I'm about to turn the game off/quit

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Wait, you save in video games? I'm still playing games like in the NES era with no saving at all!

• I use emulators/Virtual Console style games and use save states or the like

• I use emulators but simply use rewinds instead

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, it's sort of important isn't it? Do you save all the time, as in every few steps? Do you constantly reset the game whenever you screw up anything, save scumming your way past any problems? Or are you crazy enough that you don't save anywhere near as much as you probably should do?

Personally, I usually save once per room and before major boss encounters or the like. Well, sort of. That's what I normally do, although I'm perfectly willing to save next to a rare Pokemon or something and keep resetting the game every time I mess up. And when I was playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team's expert challenges, I saved after every single battle to avoid wasting time.

So how often do you save in video games?

I say whenever I get the chance to. Like most games have save points so whenever I find one I save just in case. If I have control over the saving, I save before boss battles and before rare Pokemon. If it's a game with a lot instant death, I save whenever I can or when ever I reach a check point.

Yeah I save anytime I enter a room or when I know when something important is going to take place. I always save before rare Pokemon.

I only save whenever i remember to. This is usually when i turn the game off.

Much of my time has been wasted because of this.

Hmm, usually it depends on the actual game :p In Dead Space it only has save stations, so I'd use every single one as it was there, in games such as Zelda I save when I quit the game >.< Though, if a game is prone to crashing, I save regularly just in case (I overmodded Fallout 3, so it crashes alot now :p) but generally I save when I'm leaving the game

Not as often as I should. I always end up pausing then forgetting to save.

Do you loose a lot of progress because of this?

I do play that much but if I have ever played, then I would save it on a daily basis for sure.

It's kinda sad to see the statistics get erased.

It happened to me for PVZ ...too many times to count.

I save my game whenever there is a save point, or as often as possible.

It become different for all game.
Pokemon is a lot of savings, Mario Kart 8 DX will save by oneself, Super Mario Odessey before the exit of the game, Chunithm, Ongeki, maimai, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Taiko no Tatsujin Blue, Groove Coaster 4 will save by oneself after credit expiration, and Touhou saving is impossible.

I try to save as much as possible. One, I don't want to forget before I leave a game. Two, I don't want to loose my place if the power were to go out.

I save everytime I see a save point as possible.
Also, I save before I'll do some crazy thing so I can reload later. :p

If the game allows it, do you like save scumming much? lol

Better save than sorry especially after a tough boss battle.

Back