how to get shinny pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack is asome

Awards
Credits
i got pokemon black 2 a wile ago but i have never have found a shiny pokemon can you help.
pikachu.gif

Sadly, there isn;t a way. In Diamond, Pearl and Platinum you could use the PokéRadar app on the Pokétch. You don't have it in these games. It's a matter of looking. I have only found one actual legit shiny, ever. In saying that another member here has almost a full team of them he somehow had the patience to get legitimately. So it's heavily luck based. Don't be surprised if you don't find one, their called Shiny for a reason.

I tried looking up ways to find them easier myself for White version (the first one, not the second one) and had absolutely no luck at all. I doubt it's changed here.

Actually, there is a way to increase the odds of a shiny...two, actually. One is the Masuda method, where you breed a Pokemon from another language with one from your game. That increases the odds from 1/8423 (or something like that) to 1/3423 (or something like that).

Warning! Spoilers as far as rewards from Black/White 2 within spoiler!
Also, if you complete the National Pokedex (catching) aside from event-only legendaries, Prof. Juniper will give you the shiny medal, which vastly increases the odds of meeting a shiny. Combine the medal with the Masuda method, and you've got a 1/1024 chance of a shiny pokemon in each egg, which are the best odds you can possibly get. Also, complete the Unova Pokedex (seeing, not catching) to get a pass to a place with a shiny Haxorus.

Yoshi64Mario: Only the first method applies to the original Black/White. I'm currently using it in my White to find a shiny Beldum, and have used it to get a shiny Pawniard (now Bisharp). I have a Japanese Ditto, so I can breed with anything that has the capacity to breed and have a better shot at a shiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Lord Regal said. Also, if you happen to clear..
White Treehollow/Black Tower, you might get something good..this is the easiest one to earn.

I have a full team of purple shiny, in all i would have 4 teams of 6. If you have Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum I can help shiny chaining, my best is 8 with 5 shinnies.

This is annoying. Theres no definite way to get a shiny without cheats. Its An RPG game after-all. What about other RPG's? megaman battle network. No way without cheats to get certian battle chips. Just keep looking, eventually you get one. Or don't look, and find one by accident.

Sadly, there isn;t a way. In Diamond, Pearl and Platinum you could use the PokéRadar app on the Pokétch. You don't have it in these games. It's a matter of looking. I have only found one actual legit shiny, ever. In saying that another member here has almost a full team of them he somehow had the patience to get legitimately. So it's heavily luck based. Don't be surprised if you don't find one, their called Shiny for a reason.

I tried looking up ways to find them easier myself for White version (the first one, not the second one) and had absolutely no luck at all. I doubt it's changed here.

Reporting for duty!
The Haxorus, Scizor (scyther at the time) and espeon were traded to me a while back. Dodrio and Donphan were caught by me.

Yeah, patience is a huge factor...I got a few of my shiny pokemon via the Pokeradar in Platinum and it is a very tedious process. Your chances are slim in finding a shiny pokemon by just wild encounters really. You can go years without encountering one, or you could be lucky and find a whole bunch...it's all random.

Good luck in your search.

Reporting for duty!
The Haxorus, Scizor (scyther at the time) and espeon were traded to me a while back. Dodrio and Donphan were caught by me.

Yeah, patience is a huge factor...I got a few of my shiny pokemon via the Pokeradar in Platinum and it is a very tedious process. Your chances are slim in finding a shiny pokemon by just wild encounters really. You can go years without encountering one, or you could be lucky and find a whole bunch...it's all random.

I can totally relate to you, took me about 2 days to get one shiny by shiny chaining, wish i could prove I have a whole team of shiny Pokemon but I don't have Black or White T_T Also Porkman may I ask you a question since you have Black and White, and I feel you're very experienced, hope you don't mind! ^_^

This is annoying. Theres no definite way to get a shiny without cheats. Its An RPG game after-all. What about other RPG's? megaman battle network. No way without cheats to get certian battle chips. Just keep looking, eventually you get one. Or don't look, and find one by accident.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try too answer someone's question. Everyone else has provided tips on increasing shiny rates or talked about how you used to be able to get it up to 100%. This is not annoying; it is actually quite helpful advice to Pokemon trainers.

Just remember to always carry a low-leveled pokemon with you when you're walking through paths of grass. All my shinies were met by accident. Even my shiny Lugia from Soul Silver was random and I didn't plan on soft resetting..
So you just need a big pile of luck..

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try too answer someone's question. Everyone else has provided tips on increasing shiny rates or talked about how you used to be able to get it up to 100%. This is not annoying; it is actually quite helpful advice to Pokemon trainers.
You are right, it is helpful advice for trainers wanting to get more shinnies.

Well I'll probably state the basic but to really chain a shiny you need to learn basically the steps I would list as
-Patches
-Abilities
-Encountering methods as in how do you chain basically

I noticed not a lot of people know what shiny chaining is, basically it's what the name says, "Chaining"
You have to defeat or catch the same Pokemon in a row like a chain.

Basically you get the key item the Pokeradar, and if you can the app that tells you how many you have defeated and if you still have your chain along with your records.

Patches:
There are a lot of different kinds of patches, I classified them into two, shiny and non-shiny (flashing patches)
then from there i classified them again in, dark, bright fat and skinny, and then the shiny i classified them as gold or white because they shine either color but still different, i don't recommend using those unless you do flash chaining which is when you mostly use them in sandstorms or hail areas in Sinnoh. Also remember it's only in the Sinnoh region currently.

Abilities:
There are Pokemon with certain abilities that can raise the likely hood of the same type of Pokemon encounters, I can list some briefly, i know there's a bit more but the main ones are Static and Magnet-Pull
Magnet-Pull works like a charm with steel pokemon, almost 50/50 of encountering only that single pokemon, Static, I don't really use but it does give you a bit more percentage in encountering the wild pokemon.
Also to boost more percentage you should check out what a Swarm is. At first I thought of the ability Swarm. But it's actually a swarm of pokemon, it increases the encounter rate of the pokemon you're chaining, that and with an ability you can get a really good chain. To find out what swarm pokemon of the day it is you can go to Dawn's sister or Barry what ever you named your opponent from the beginning, and she tells you where they are located, you can find what swarm pokemon are available online, but remember that Diamond, Pearl and Platinum have different swarms, you can also watch the tv and they tell you what swarm of the day it is
tongue.gif

Basically the method to chaining:
It's a method created by a person teaching us how to shiny chain, I can't say it all by memory but i can basically give you it in detail.
Picture yourself in a box, and you're in the middle
Haha I probably lost you, lol but basically what you aim is four rows. basically you're in the middle. you should look it up i'm going to explain it horrible lol. Basically what you want is only to go a radius of 4 steps from the middle, no diagonals because it breaks your chain you can only do 4 x 0, 4 x 1, and 4 x 2, meaning you either have to take no steps and go either up, down left or right, or take a step or two and then go up down, left or right. thing is you have to remember where the patches blink so you won't go into the wrong patch, also to prevent it from breaking you have to, have to have more than 4 patches blink or else your chances of breaking it will increase if you go into a patch that may be 4 x 0/1/2 and break it. If anyone can help me explain, gladly appreciate it lol

Well that's how I can briefly explain it, also tips I say pack a lot of pokeballs, not just quick timber but dusk because you will chain for a long time, and you must be very patient, my longest i chained was 2 days and i broke it at 84 because i didn't want to chain anymore, i could have gone longer but I wanted to play Mario Kart
tongue.gif
Also buy a looooot of max repels, 250 steps until it wastes, meaning you have a couple of time to use the pokeradar, i don't know how much it takes, its probably 40 or 60 steps, so you can chain at least 4 or 6 times.

(Whoops! Forgot like the most important thing)
In order for all this to come true you must defeat more than 40 of the same Pokemon in a row, you start out with like a million to win chances in getting a shiny or something like that but in te end it doesn't matter if you defeat 40 pokemon. Once you defeat or capture 40 pokemon (You can defeat and catch and won't break your chain) your chances of getting a shiny is 1/25 chances, you can still get a shiny without reaching 40, its just a bit rare though, the least I ever found was a shiny Beldum at 17 chained. after 40 it won't go anything lower than a 1/25, but at least all you have to do is just keep resetting it until you find a shiny, and you must be patient it won't shine at exactly 40
tongue.gif

Please no one reply to me saying we know that, some people don't
sad.gif

Well thank you and if someone can explain it better than me, go ahead ^_^ Also any questions I'll gladly answer.

(Edit my little diagram got messed up so I may have some sentences mixed, sorry!)

Reporting for duty!

I can totally relate to you, took me about 2 days to get one shiny by shiny chaining, wish i could prove I have a whole team of shiny Pokemon but I don't have Black or White T_T Also Porkman may I ask you a question since you have Black and White, and I feel you're very experienced, hope you don't mind! ^_^

Ask away, hopefully I can help.

I'm not really sure since I don't own any Black and White versions but I heard something about advanced settings, do those settings combine with the 3DS settings or is it just something different? I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I had a previous Nintendo DS lite and it connected fine with my Platinum and internet settings just fine, now I try with my Nintendo 3DS, DS's connection settings and it won't even connect to the internet, so I was wondering if the advanced systems did anything about it? I know this would be more a connection problem but I wanted information about the advanced settings and I didn't want to look it up on Google because I don't think I'd get more help than asking someone personally.

I'm not really sure since I don't own any Black and White versions but I heard something about advanced settings, do those settings combine with the 3DS settings or is it just something different? I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I had a previous Nintendo DS lite and it connected fine with my Platinum and internet settings just fine, now I try with my Nintendo 3DS, DS's connection settings and it won't even connect to the internet, so I was wondering if the advanced systems did anything about it? I know this would be more a connection problem but I wanted information about the advanced settings and I didn't want to look it up on Google because I don't think I'd get more help than asking someone personally.
Go under your 3DS' system settings and go to "DS connections" (or something close to that name) and register an access point there so that your DS games can go online using your 3ds. For the 3DS you need both a 3DS wifi connection setting AND a DS one if you intend to play your 3ds games online. If that doesn't work than it may be a router issue...DS games tend to only work with a WEP configured connection...if that is changed you may not be able to connect with your DS games at all.

Only 2 ways to get a shiny are having an action replay or having the best luck ever.
False, in gen 4 you can pokeradar chain which is a sure way at a shiny if you can continue the process without messing up. In black and white 2...if you fill up the national dex -->
you can obtain the shining charm which raises the encounter rate of shiny pokemon by a LOT.
Oh and AR is for nubs.

Hmm, I think mine is AES, but the thing is my router never changed when it could connect to my old DS, guess. When I search my access point, the lock is black and when it was on my Nintendo DS it was red but still compatible and I could play online, don't know what happened then. Oh well, thank you for replying!

I find them as a collectibles and and to show off
tongue.gif
There are some that look really good and some don't. I am very, but very jealous and want Porkman's Haxorus (Don't have Black/White so don't know how to spell) and that Donphan, I don't believe he might trade them for one of my shinnies T_T
I think the reason they didn't bring the Pokeradar back was because it was like a test, seeing if people can actually use it and maybe saw that many people were good and it would decrease the value of shinnies if brought to Black and White, not sure about 2 maybe!

well i remember my friend getting shiny pokemon from eggs at the day-care center for pokemon

well i remember my friend getting shiny pokemon from eggs at the day-care center for pokemon
Yes its possible getting shiny pokemon hatching from an egg. No lie but my ex girlfriend hatched a ton of them with no hacks, she just bred and bred and found a shiny feebas, murkrow, and scyther. THAT really depends on luck, but if you want to do it the easy way there is a method that involves hatching eggs until you get a shiny almost like shiny chaining but I believe you have to hack something in it, can't remember though, but you can always look it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back