Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Nebraska-based game reseller GAMEROOM shared the discovery on its official YouTube page, offering viewers a quick glimpse of the storeroom the games and systems were found in. Two GAMEROOM staff members, identified as Chris and John, are seen in the video exploring the storehouse, saying the games were likely left alone since 1994 after a local video game shop closed down and put its remaining stock into storage. Initial finds were predominantly games like Madden 94 and NBA Jam, which were commonly available at the time of release.

However, the crown jewel of this game horde is revealed to be an unopened copy of Chrono Trigger for the SNES which, in good condition, can run well north of $2,400 alongside other big titles like Final Fantasy 3 (aka FF 6).

Nice treasure boxes lol

I do love seeing stories like this, because it pisses off people who invest in rare collectibles. They thought they cornered a market, until someone finds a warehouse full of them.

Lol this. But you have to wonder if the batteries in those games are still good or leaking?
Tbh I’ve never seen watch batteries leak. There’s a highly likely chance they still work. Iirc they use the same batteries as NES carts, and those are still good. They’re not hard to change in the rare chance they do.

Gameboy/GBA carts are the batteries that die the quickest. It’s not uncommon to find dead batteries in Gameboy games, but pretty rare in NES/SNES games.

Bad for collectors but good for gamers. In the long run, everyone nowadays that wants physical games gets them unless they just get into the hobby. But it makes you wonder how relevant they are today for anyone into quality modern games.

Since the games can still function properly, the shop owner can still recoup money from it by selling them off to gamers who wants the abandoned games. I love the Final Fantasy V III, assume I live around the location I wouldn't miss out getting that one, and I know it will come cheap.

I wonder if any of these games will be preserved in a video game museum for all people to see in person.

Bad for collectors but good for gamers. In the long run, everyone nowadays that wants physical games gets them unless they just get into the hobby. But it makes you wonder how relevant they are today for anyone into quality modern games.
It’s more like bad for investors. The collectors are happy because this drops the prices.

Tbh I’ve never seen watch batteries leak. There’s a highly likely chance they still work. Iirc they use the same batteries as NES carts, and those are still good. They’re not hard to change in the rare chance they do.

Gameboy/GBA carts are the batteries that die the quickest. It’s not uncommon to find dead batteries in Gameboy games, but pretty rare in NES/SNES games.

The batteries in Pokemon GB/GBC/GBA die pretty quickly because of the time functionality on them. Whenever i pick them up in the wild, the batteries are generally dead, pretty easy to replace though.

The batteries in Pokemon GB/GBC/GBA die pretty quickly because of the time functionality on them. Whenever i pick them up in the wild, the batteries are generally dead, pretty easy to replace though.
The gen1 games don’t have a clock, and other Gameboy games I snagged were commonly dead, so I think they just don’t last very long

Back