Hunting

My dad's a hunter. I just don't get it. The animals around here are hunted to underpopulation, and it will get worse because so many people do it. It's expensive and just a hobby for the rich (I could never afford it).

I don't hunt. I don't like killing animals on purpose, so I don't like hunting.

Some people have to. For example, if someone lives in Alaska and the closest grocery store is hundreds of miles away, then someone is going to have to hunt in order to get some food on the table (or at least meat).

What are your thoughts on hunting?

Are you a hunter?

Would you hunt if you had the opportunity?
Yes, I have hunted with my dad and cousins when I was still a teenager. It was a very exciting experience especially when you get to kill the game yourself for the first time.

Even though I personally have not hunted, I am not against it. I don't mind hunters if they treat the animal with the respect & dignity it deserves. To kill for food, clothing, not just for a trophy or sport. Food in stores, a lot of it is meat or meat based (even dairy & eggs are from an animal, people tend to forget that lol). I rather have a hunter ethically & humanely kill a creature than have CAFO farms where the animal is being abused, no access to fresh air or grass.

I don’t hunt but I have a few friends that hunt. They hunt for deer and hogs.
The thrill of hunt can be very consuming. I haven't hunted any game but seeing it done in movie and TV shows, I would love to give it a try.

I don't hunt but I do know it is something that many who do find as a hobby they enjoy.

If I were allowed to hunt I don't think I could do it being that I am such a huge animal lover, wouldn't be able to bring myself to do something like that.

I don't hunt but I do know it is something that many who do find as a hobby they enjoy.

If I were allowed to hunt I don't think I could do it being that I am such a huge animal lover, wouldn't be able to bring myself to do something like that.
I know a lot of people who fish for fun. After having a big catch, they will take pictures and let the fishes back into the water.

I agree. Some of my buddies said it takes forever just to get a deer or a hog, but I’d honesty say the deer meat and hog meat is delicious.
A vegetarian wouldn't love to hear you saying that lol.. I love me some good meat too especially meat from the wild.

I could never do it, I love all animals and there is no way I could shoot Bambi for any amount of money. Matter of fact I wish I could have a pet deer. :cool:

I could never do it, I love all animals and there is no way I could shoot Bambi for any amount of money. Matter of fact I wish I could have a pet deer. :cool:
I bet if you were the who this abandoned baby deer walk up to, you're definitely keeping it.

I feel like having domesticated deer is illegal. Even if it was for all the wrong reasons (aka not your reasons).

I feel like having domesticated deer is illegal. Even if it was for all the wrong reasons (aka not your reasons).
Some states allow people to keep deer as a pet. It's either permits that are required or in some cases, there are specific types of deers that may be owned as pets.

Generally, it depends where you live and what kind of deer you want to keep as a pet.

Back