I know it's old but I'm getting tired of GameStop selling their games open as new!

Dan The Man

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Just came from Gamestop to buy dead cell new for $25. When I checked online, the only place that was close enough to me was 15 minutes away and was the only one left in stock. The next farthest would have been 1 hour away. That was not worth it. So since I had it held for me brand new per gamestop, I drive over to the store to pickup the game.

So when I get there I asked for the game and the clerk tells me that he has it in stock. He pulls a game out and it's in an envelope, and I'm like that's not new. So he tells me to go grab the case off the shelf and bring it to him, and I keep saying that it's not new because it's open and the value is now used so I should get it for a used price. Now my wife is also saying the same thing, so it a discussion with the manager about this. After 15 minutes, I went ahead and bought it for full price, but I'm leaving very frustrated knowing that I didn't buy a new game. I mean how would I know if that person didn't play the game in the back with all his friends and then sell it to me used but claiming it as new.This practice needs to stop. I'm surprised the government hasn't stepped in to stop GameStop from pulling off these practices. What's your thoughts on this?

I'm sorry what? Why did you break and pay full price? Its clearly used, you should not have paid full price. I know Gamestop has a practice of rewrapping used games sometime but for that guy to do that is unethical. I would have walked away if they tried to do this with me.

You got a receipt right? Somewhere on that is a survey, you need to take it and just rip them, corporate will see it and maybe make things right?

It's common for stores to put empty box in shelf, and then fill at the regi once brought.
This is just security.

Smaller shops also have already filled boxes both inside the store and outside the store, in that case the regi won't open the box, and if picked inside they'll only unlock the security cage.
If outside security cage is most likely not on the box, and is only there if rain is not falling.

The guy is dead though, killed himself in France.

I never really watch his shows too. I just happened to read about his death when browsing the net back in June.

I never really watch his shows too. I just happened to read about his death when browsing the net back in June.
( ̄ω ̄)
I just read your message in a very serious tone. I thought you very known the guy and is a fan of him to the point that I will get in trouble in using his video for comedic purposes.

( ̄ω ̄)
I just read your message in a very serious tone. I thought you very known the guy and is a fan of him to the point that I will get in trouble in using his video for comedic purposes.

Well either way, may he rest in peace.

Back