If you were transported 200 years into the future...

Danielx64

Credits
If you were to be 200 years ahead of where we are now, what sort of things would you like to see?

I would like to see some of the things from the Deus Ex games like being able to fall and land without getting hurt.

anything but a nuclear waste land.

Supposing we didn't blow ourselves up, destroy the environment (and thus most of the planet) through rampant abuse of resources or get curbstomped by some alien force for trespassing with forbidden tech...

I fully expect to see:
- fully sentient robots, nigh indistinguishable from humans.
- cybernetics that perfectly replicate parts, even boosting natural abilities.
- medical science that can cure most major diseases without too much hassle.
- fusion power being a key energy source with solar and wind backups.
- a large space platform that people can live in.
- integrated electronics that allow man and machine to communicate even faster. (Like imagine playing a game where you control your digital avatar as if you moved your actual body.) Also that you can use to link up to the internet with.

But from all the new/amazing tech I also see problems.
- robots and cyborgs forced into prostitution.
- humans that have their integrated electronics hacked into.
- massive poverty, huge class gaps as some struggle to even survive while the ultra wealthy do nothing.

So basically pretty much like things are now just with even more extreme.

Supposing we didn't blow ourselves up, destroy the environment (and thus most of the planet) through rampant abuse of resources or get curbstomped by some alien force for trespassing with forbidden tech...

I fully expect to see:
- fully sentient robots, nigh indistinguishable from humans.
- cybernetics that perfectly replicate parts, even boosting natural abilities.
- medical science that can cure most major diseases without too much hassle.
- fusion power being a key energy source with solar and wind backups.
- a large space platform that people can live in.
- integrated electronics that allow man and machine to communicate even faster. (Like imagine playing a game where you control your digital avatar as if you moved your actual body.) Also that you can use to link up to the internet with.

But from all the new/amazing tech I also see problems.
- robots and cyborgs forced into prostitution.
- humans that have their integrated electronics hacked into.
- massive poverty, huge class gaps as some struggle to even survive while the ultra wealthy do nothing.

So basically pretty much like things are now just with even more extreme.

too much grimness in the future.

I would like to see people living in a space ship for long amounts of time like Star Trek or Star Wara in the future, so people have a choice to leave earth if they feel earth is too full of trash, nuclear radiation, and dirty air to safely live on.

The future will indeed be dark/grim. Despite any amazing technology we invent and make commonplace it is unlikely to change core human behaviour. If anything we'll get lazier as we rely on robots to do more. People will lose jobs to machines. This will make the class gap even larger as the rich use robots to get richer (essentially taking the last bits of money from the middle/low class).
It could potentially even force a restart of the economy where any old money has to be exchanged for new at a greatly reduced rate. (Like 1 million dollars for like $10 of the new currency.) But things will recover from that and return to basically how they are... the rich will still have most of the wealth (even despite being forced to trade in their money) since they control the industries and shops so it'd be only a temporary setback.

2217,I want to see if human still live in earth [well actually I want to see why they still want to live in earth ;)] and more improvements in gaming gadgets [2017: AR,VR.... , 2027: ?? (who knows :grin:)]

Hopefully, access to basic to more advance education would be easy to access, free or very cheap in 200 years where people don't have to pay many thousands of dollars per month for many years, and take out huge student loans to learn more advance math like Calculus, Algebra, advance college level science courses in biology, chemistry, physics, and computer science, and art and entertainment related courses like drawing, animation, acting, and music for people who are interested in arts and entertainment.

Learning as many subjects, and skills like welding and wood working may not be as useful in the future because of robots and more advance computers, but people should have a choice to learn as many things they want to learn without needing to take out huge student loans to pay for an education. Going to school should not be so expensive where college students can't easily pay back student loans for most of their young adult life even when they are working at a job which they studied in school.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do. I probably wouldn't even survive a single day, assuming that I don't end up as a lab rat. Still, people can dream I suppose...I wonder if I can see flying cars everywhere ....in that time.

Seeing how the demographics are changing in North America, Middle East, South Africa, and especially western Europe by force at the very moment, the question "how will things look like in 200 years from now?" is getting more difficult to answer than we all think.

Back