Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
One of the most popular apps for the iPad is MLB.com's At Bat 2010, which allows users to view real-time pitching statistics, view detailed player biographies, and even watch live video streams of on-going games. Paired with the portability of the iPad, At Bat 2010 is perfect for baseball enthusiasts on the go, unless, of course, your travels take you to an actual ballgame.

Spacekatgal, a member of the IGN Boards, was refused entry into Yankee Stadium last week after security found that she was carrying an iPad. The reason? Apparently iPads fall under the stadium's "No Laptops" policy, which prohibits guests from bringing laptop computers into the stadium, despite the fact that the iPad cannot be classified as a laptop and in no way resembles one. According to Spacekatgal, she has attended games at Fenway Park without any problems for carrying an iPad.

Spacekatgal's story has drawn considerable attention to the matter, with reports appearing on CNN.com, the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and a wide range of other mainstream outlets.

more here

I agree with the rule since I bet it would be distracting watching a baseball game if the guy next to you is playing annoying music on his Laptop on his speakers or video chating by using free wi-fi or a Cellular modem, or attach his Ipad to some kind of battery powered portable speaker system and playing crappy music while I'm trying to watch a game which I paid money to watch.

It is like those people who talk or text on their cellphones during a movie. I bet it can get pretty annoying if the guy next to you is taping and moving his ipad around to play some of those games with motion sensing controls.

Plus, a fight might get started if someone accidently spilled soda or food on someone's laptop or ipad. The owner will get mad and might use his busted electronics as a weapon.

It is like the rule "no watches or jewellery during gym class" since if someone breaks your watch playing football, you get mad and might start a fight.

The only electronics which should be allowed at a Baseball game are ipods and MP3 players with headphones.

Back