froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to Gartner, the answer may be yes… but not as many people as there used to be.

The research firm says about 4.4 million phones with Windows software shipped in the fourth quarter of 2015, which is down from 10.4 million phones during the same period in 2014. Not only is that a big drop… but it’s an even bigger dip in market share.

Gartner says Android and iOS currently dominate the market, with a combined market share of more than 98 percent (80.7 percent of global phone shipments in the quarter were running Android, while 17.7 percent were iPhones). Windows, meanwhile, dropped from a 2.8 percent market share in Q4, 2014 to 1.1 percent in Q4, 2015.

Read More

I wonder if most of the people buying Windows Phones are Microsoft Workers, and Windows App and Game makers who need to get a Windows Phone for work to make apps and games, and test their apps on different Windows Phone devices.

I think most people probably pick Android, and iOS phones because there are more Apps, and both Google and Apple had more people view their online, TV, and magazine advertisements for their smartphones, so they get more sales.

I have no plans to buy one really.

I use a windows phone and it's great in away

Back