Is it possible to browse a Website with a Word Processor?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it maybe possible to use a Word Processor which can open HTML website files as a web browser, or convert HTML files to Word Processor files like .doc, .docx, .rtf, etc.

But, you may need to make an address bar program to download and open html files stored on a web server. You also may need to convert an html file to .doc if the word processor can't open html website files.

In theory, it could have been possible 15 years ago, when websites were mostly written in HTML only, with a slight use of CSS.
The web has become much more complicated than that these days, we have server side technology (PHP, Ruby on Rails, Node JS, ASP.NET, etc.), making things like forums and webshops already out of the question.
There are also sites that don't necessarily need a backend, but are on the other hand over-styled with CSS, with additional features added in with Javascript and multiple JS frameworks mixed together.

You can convert older CSS elements to a word processor just fine, but the modern features found in CSS3 will be problematic (unless you ever get to print a document that can animate an image when you put your finger on it, but I doubt this will ever happen without ordinary paper becoming a machine).

One exception might be this site:
Motherfucking Website

I saw something showing you could draw something in Excel, so anything is possible really.

I used IBM Lotus Symphony Word Processor which had a built-in tab web browser. It was a unique feature which was somewhat useful for users who only want a web browser with built-in browser open instead of both a browser and word processor open.

4YJrOjc.jpg

Back