Is it worth buying a PS5 if you have a PS4?

Baw$e

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I already own a PS4, the only reason I can think of upgrading is for games that are exclusive to PS5.

I don't really care about the minor graphic improvements, if it costs an arm, and a leg to get one.

Have you upgraded from ps4 to ps5?

Well it's not minor graphic improvements. Wait for a price drop. Eventually the price of the console will drop like the Ps4 and by that time you will also have plenty of good games for the ps5 with cheaper game price tags.

They do have some exclusives, but they’re still doing dual releases. As in a game comes out on both PS4 and PS5. I think by the time they stop doing that for big name titles, that’s when it’ll be worth it.

You can also still buy PS4 games to play on the PS5 as well.

I heard the PS5 Pro will come out soon, so I think it is a better idea to wait for the PS5 Pro to be released before buying a PS5 to see if you rather buy a PS5 Pro instead of the regular PS5.

Maybe the non pro will go down in price.

I feel the non-Pro PS5 may go down in price when the PS5 Pro is released. Some stores may have discounts for the non-pro PS5 when the PS5 Pro is released.

Well, if you don't have either, then the PS5 would be the better option since you can play ps4 games on it anyway. Plus there are some games that are PS5 only so there's that.
This was the reason why I had to upgrade. There are so many PS5 exclusives I couldn't let go without being able to play. So, it's worth it for me to upgrade.

I did upgrade to a PS5, and it was a huge improvement, not only graphics wise but speed of loading games, almost no drop in frame rates and PS5 exclusives. I don't know how you feel about credit card, but you could open a credit cart with 0 intrest for 12 months and pay it off before you incur any interest.

Well it's not minor graphic improvements. Wait for a price drop. Eventually the price of the console will drop like the Ps4 and by that time you will also have plenty of good games for the ps5 with cheaper game price tags.

That's what I've been trying to do, but I have a lot of friends that converted, and some games if I want to play online with them I need a PS5.

They do have some exclusives, but they’re still doing dual releases. As in a game comes out on both PS4 and PS5. I think by the time they stop doing that for big name titles, that’s when it’ll be worth it.
I haven't seen any exclusives yet that made me want to switch over, especially for the difference in price.

Back