Gaming Reinvented - Is Nintendo Creating a Game Boy Classic?

Gaming Reinvented Is Nintendo Creating a Game Boy Classic?

Discussion in 'Gaming News & Trailers' started by GR News, Oct 10, 2017.

1. GR News

GR News Feed Poster

Money:
    $3,190
    In recent years, Nintendo’s started getting into the mini retro consoles market. They’ve released the NES Classic Mini, a redone version of the NES with 30 games that ended up being a major phenomenon. They’ve released the SNES Mini, with another 30-odd classic SNES games and just as much hype behind it as the NES […]

The post Is Nintendo Creating a Game Boy Classic? appeared first on Gaming Reinvented.

Continue reading...

2. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I can see them doing this, but to be honest and from what I remember, GB was even lesser than the NES right? The games on there wouldn't be worth re-releasing.

3. CM30

CM30 Well-Known Member Staff Member Vice Admin Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $3,714
    Nah, there were tons of great Game Boy games, some that sold really well. Obviously the original Pokemon games are good examples, but Super Mario Land sold 18 million copies and Super Mario Land 2 sold 10 million, which put them at the same level as Super Mario Bros 3. Zelda, Metroid and the Wario Land series did well too.

So there'd definitely be interest in the idea.

4. WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Female
    Money:
    $3,510
    Some of those titles are titles that I'd be interested in. However, I don't remember getting rid of my Gameboy. I may still have it, I'd just have to go hunt it down and dig it out of wherever it's hiding.