Is PC gaming affordable to most people?

PC gaming is definitely cheaper than console gaming. The games are usually cheaper to begin with, plus they go down in price a lot faster than console games. There's plenty of free to play games available for the PC as well. A PC might cost more than a console unit, but it doesn't have to if you get a budget machine and then upgrade it.

well think about it, how often do people upgrade their consoles? never, they stay the same (unless they break)

but computers? people "upgrade" every few years by throwing the old one away and getting a new best buy computer

so young people should have a surplus of computers

I get a computer every 5 years or so, same with each individual company's home consoles and portable systems. They are both expensive.

It actrually depends on the game lol , usually most popular games are like around 40-50. To me i guess that is still an affordable price if you are willing to get that game, and it should be worth you money anyways.

PC gaming has more better free games like Maple Story, Runescape, etc vs Console gaming which usually have no or very few free games. Plus, most free games can be played on computers running Windows XP with 1GB RAM and a 1GHz CPU with a basic video card.

There also seem to be more cheaper games like MineCraft, etc for the PC which are not shovel ware or casual games.

PC gaming has more better free games like Maple Story, Runescape, etc vs Console gaming which usually have no or very few free games. Plus, most free games can be played on computers running Windows XP with 1GB RAM and a 1GHz CPU with a basic video card.

There also seem to be more cheaper games like MineCraft, etc for the PC which are not shovel ware or casual games.

And the humble indie bundles that happen once a year. You can get 4 or 5 games valued at around $20 or so each for any price you want. From 1¢ to as much as you wanna donate. I haven't personally done it but I know a bunch of people who have donated quite a bit and it's legit.

I heard the Humble Indie Bundle games are also compatible with Linux and Mac in many cases, so if you do not have a paid operating system like Windows XP, or Mac OS, you can install a version of Linux like Ubuntu Linux which is free to play the Humble Indie Bundle.

The Humble Indie Bundle sounds like a good deal that goes to a great cause.

Back