Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I've been seeing some comments from people on other sites who are hoping the PS4 Neo will be bigger for better air flow and quieter fan. So to the PS4 owners, is the fan loud?

This will be integrating to know i have been by a buddy house and it was really not that noisy but the Xbox Beats it hands down. Some times i forget its on.

It gets loud occasionally. If you have it on a shelf in between a unit it will get loud, if it is on top of a desk with a lot of air you will probably be fine. It kind of goes on a case by case basis.

I think the fan noise will be louder when PS4 games get more hardware intensive where the PS4 uses more console hardware resources like CPU, RAM, and Video Chip. The fans will need to spin faster to move more air to cool the console parts which are working harder to display better looking graphics at a faster frame rate like 60 FPS.

I could have swore I posted here.. But yea, the PS4 is pretty quiet most of the time. Unless you're playing a game that takes a lot then it can get a little louder, but not really too noticeable. The Xbox One though, jesus.. that think is ALWAYS silent. But it gets super damn hot though.

I could have swore I posted here.. But yea, the PS4 is pretty quiet most of the time. Unless you're playing a game that takes a lot then it can get a little louder, but not really too noticeable. The Xbox One though, jesus.. that think is ALWAYS silent. But it gets super damn hot though.

Sounds like the Xbox fan isn't spinning fast enough.

Sounds like the Xbox fan isn't spinning fast enough.

Maybe Microsoft set the speed of the fan to spin slower, so it would get fewer technical support phone calls from gamers who complain about their console making loud noises, and complaining that the fan is spinning very fast causing loud noises.

Some electronics like TVs, Laptops and Desktop Gaming PC can run at hotter temperatures for many hours per day and still work after a few years of use.

My thoughts as well. The 360 was always super hot too. I'd rather a console have just a tad bit of sound.. than burn the hell up. I mean chances are, if you have it on to begin with, your TV is on and is most likely loud enough to cover the sound the fans would make anyway..

I think the Xbox 360 which came out in the year 2008, and future Xbox 360 Slim versions ran less hot, and used less power because the processor and video chip are not as big and use less power. But, Xbox 360 which were made before 2008 ran more hot.

My fans fairly quiet. I've added some little rubber feet in each corner of the console to raise it just that little bit more off of the shelf that I store it on. Just increased air circulation better. There is no evidence what so ever that this is helping but In my mind I feel it's doing some good :)

My fans fairly quiet. I've added some little rubber feet in each corner of the console to raise it just that little bit more off of the shelf that I store it on. Just increased air circulation better. There is no evidence what so ever that this is helping but In my mind I feel it's doing some good :)

I think having the PS4 placed vertically with the vertical stand where it is standing can also make it slightly cooler because more air from your room may flow through the area where you place the PS4. You are also more likely to put the PS4 on a table instead of a TV cabinet when the PS4 is placed in the vertical position.

I think if there are no air vents on the bottom of the PS4, raising the PS4 off the table will not have a huge impact on cooling.

Back