Is the Switch Lite Worth Buying Just For Pokemon?

Toby80

Credits
Currently, I've just been playing Pokemon on my 2DS but I was thinking about upgrading to a Switch. I've seen that there's a new Switch Lite coming out soon and so I was thinking about buying one as it is a bit cheaper than the original. Pokemon is the only Nintendo game that I have really played before but I'm open to trying some more Nintendo games.

If you just want it for Pokemon then it should be fine, but keep in mind that it doesn't have detachable controllers like the current switch does, so that will limit your future game purchases a bit.

I would maybe see if you can get one of the original ones preowned as it would be around the same price and it offers more features, the main one being that you can play it on your tv. Have a look a the other differences, personally, I think its worth that little bit more than the Lite.

Image Source

The Switch lite should be fine for playing Pokemon in handheld mode.

I think the original Switch is a better choice if you want to play Pokemon on a bigger TV with wireless controlls because the original Switch comes with a TV dock and wireless controllers.

I too am thinking of getting the Switch Lite. I don’t own a Switch, so would not having motion control joycons really affect most of the games I buy?

The TV part doesn’t bother me, and I’m getting Vita vibes where most of the console’s extra features outside of regular gaming aren’t actually used.

Only Switch:
TV Mode
Table Mode
All Nintendo Switch soft.
HD shake
Motion IR camera
Nintendo Switch Dock, HDMI cable, can enjoy game on TV.
High = 102mm, wide = 239mm.
398g (if Joy-Con is attach).
6.2 inch.
New model = 4.5~9.0 hour battery.
Present model = 2.5~6.5 hour battery.

Only Switch LITE:
Small, light, hold with is easy.
Mobile mode supportive all Nintendo Switch soft (there is limitation).
High = 91.1mm, wide = 208mm.
275g.
5.5 inch.
3.0~7.0 hour battery.

Switch and Switch LITE:
Mobile Mode
Thick = 13.9mm.
Screen resolution = 1280x720 pixel

【CONTROLLER RELATION】
Only Switch:
Nintendo Gamecube Controller
Nintendo Gamecube Controller Connect Tap

Switch and Switch LITE:
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

【Joy-Con RELATION】
Switch and Switch LITE:
Joy-Con L and R
Joy-Con Strap
Joy-Con Charge Grip
Joy-Con Extention Battery
Joy-Con Handle 2 piece set

【OTHER】
Only Switch:
Nintendo Switch Caring Case
Nintendo Switch Dock Set
Nintendo USB Wireless Mike
Nintendo USB Mike

Only Switch LITE:
Nintendo Switch Lite Caring Case

Switch and Switch LITE:
Nintendo Switch AC Adaptor
Nintendo USB AC Adaptor
Nintendo Switch Charge Stand

I'm not going to be getting a Switch Lite. I don't see the point in getting a new Switch at this point. I'm happy with the one I've got.

Back