Is using Google Chrome on a Chromebook or Android device more private than Windows and Apple?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think users are only sharing their browsing history with Google, and their ISP when browsing the web with a Chromebook laptop or Google Android device.

But, if you use Google Chrome on Windows and Apple, you maybe sharing your browsing history with Microsoft, or Apple if MS and Apple track user's browsing history, and send the data back to MS or Apple's server. Google, and your ISP also can track the Windows and Apple version of Chrome.

I think the version of Google Chrome for iOS uses the Apple Webkit website rendering engine, so Apple most likely know what you use the iOS version of Chrome for.

A lot of third-party antivirus, anti-malware and firewall software for Windows, and Apple OS may also track user's Chrome browsing traffic. But, the Antivirus built-into Chrome OS and newer versions of Android is created by Google, so the Chrome OS and Android Antivirus is only sharing with Google unless you use a third-party Antivirus App for Android.

Last edited:
I don't think that you can compare it like that really. The reason is that different OS will send different info back home in one way or another. I'm sure that Apple track it users on the mac os, just that you don't hear about it as much.

With that said, good luck with getting past my firewall :)

possible, but I doubt it be that good.

possible, but I doubt it be that good.

I think all users of Google Chrome and other browsers may end up sharing their browsing history with the government if the government has access to the sync data from Google Chrome and other browser's Browsing history sync.

There is a possibility that big browser companies share browsing data of their users with other big companies, so they have more data on each internet user, and use the data to make more money from ads, and making products like smartphones and tablets which users want to buy by studying the data they collected.

Back