Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Gamesindustry biz that a book compilation of late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata's developer interviews, "Iwata Asks" series will be published by Hobonichi:

Iwata Asks was a series of interviews conducted between Iwata and various Nintendo software and hardware developers that discussed development and design philosophies and processes on various titles. Though conducted and published in Japanese, a number have been translated into English from the DS and Wii era through 3DS and Wii U, and are still available online following Iwata's death in 2015.

Read some more translated stuff from it, by dualshockers:

“Nintendo doesn’t pay for social expenses, so we had to go Dutch on the bill. That became a tradition that lasted even after he became company president and I became an executive,” Miyamoto said.

While the two didn’t work on many games together, they would share ideas over lunch each Monday. As Iwata rose through the ranks of Nintendo, he eventually became Miyamoto’s boss. While you would think this would cause some friction between the two, you’d be surprised.

“Normally, if someone younger than yourself with fewer years of experience becomes president, it might be difficult to get along with each other, but it was never like that. It had been obvious that he was more suited for the position (than me), so it never became a problem. I think it allowed us to naturally become true friends.”

Following Iwata’s passing in 2015, Miyamoto says that “Nintendo has been doing just fine. He left many words and structures that live on in the work of our younger employees today. The only problem is that, if there is some good-for-nothing idea I come up with over the weekend, I have no one to share it with the next Monday. That I can no longer hear him say ‘Oh, about that thing…’ is a bit of a problem for me. It makes me sad.”

“To me, he was a friend more than anything,” said Miyamoto. “It never felt like he was my boss or that I was working under him. He never got angry; we never fought about anything.”

Read some more translated stuff from it, by dualshockers:

“Nintendo doesn’t pay for social expenses, so we had to go Dutch on the bill. That became a tradition that lasted even after he became company president and I became an executive,” Miyamoto said.

While the two didn’t work on many games together, they would share ideas over lunch each Monday. As Iwata rose through the ranks of Nintendo, he eventually became Miyamoto’s boss. While you would think this would cause some friction between the two, you’d be surprised.

“Normally, if someone younger than yourself with fewer years of experience becomes president, it might be difficult to get along with each other, but it was never like that. It had been obvious that he was more suited for the position (than me), so it never became a problem. I think it allowed us to naturally become true friends.”

Following Iwata’s passing in 2015, Miyamoto says that “Nintendo has been doing just fine. He left many words and structures that live on in the work of our younger employees today. The only problem is that, if there is some good-for-nothing idea I come up with over the weekend, I have no one to share it with the next Monday. That I can no longer hear him say ‘Oh, about that thing…’ is a bit of a problem for me. It makes me sad.”

“To me, he was a friend more than anything,” said Miyamoto. “It never felt like he was my boss or that I was working under him. He never got angry; we never fought about anything.”

to lose someone you look forward to having lunch with after a weekend, that be a huge blow I could never imagine.

to lose someone you look forward to having lunch with after a weekend, that be a huge blow I could never imagine.

Indeed.

And just read The publisher is planning to translate the book into multiple languages:

Following the release of Iwata-San, a new book about former Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, publisher Hobonichi has commented on unauthorized translations of the book and bringing it to other countries.

“We are honored to receive many inquiries and requests from our readers regarding the translates version of ‘Iwata-San,'” said the publisher’s statement. “Needless to say, it is our wish to spread the words and philosophy of Mr. Satoru Iwata to as many people of the world as possible.”

“Currently, nothing is definite now, but we are preparing publication of ‘Iwata-San‘ in various languages in consultation with Tuttle-Mori Agency,” the statement continues.

Additionally, the publisher says any unauthorized translations of the book are in violation of copyright and are subject to criminal charges.

Indeed.

And just read The publisher is planning to translate the book into multiple languages:

Following the release of Iwata-San, a new book about former Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, publisher Hobonichi has commented on unauthorized translations of the book and bringing it to other countries.

“We are honored to receive many inquiries and requests from our readers regarding the translates version of ‘Iwata-San,'” said the publisher’s statement. “Needless to say, it is our wish to spread the words and philosophy of Mr. Satoru Iwata to as many people of the world as possible.”

“Currently, nothing is definite now, but we are preparing publication of ‘Iwata-San‘ in various languages in consultation with Tuttle-Mori Agency,” the statement continues.

Additionally, the publisher says any unauthorized translations of the book are in violation of copyright and are subject to criminal charges.

that goes for anything really.

Back