Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The issues are still ongoing, unfortunately.

Here is an excerpt from our provider's blog which was sent to me via my twitter:

QUOTE ... The router in question is in New York City and handles traffic from the Verizon network to the larger Internet. It is one of a number of such routers in our network.

When routers have problems, they are designed to report that they are sick. Internet traffic is rerouted to adjacent routers automatically and sent around the trouble spot. In this case, that didn’t happen. The router went into a hung state and did not appear to the rest of the network as though it was having problems.

That meant that some user traffic from the northeast continued to flow to the stalled router, but couldn’t be processed. Presto – an outage for those users...

...The problem occurred at approximately 3:15 EDT and was detected and resolved :40 minutes later. Traffic began to flow normally and customers returned to service at that point.

Currently, we’re monitoring the router and the network watching for any other problems.

Service is not fully restored but they are on top of the issue.

source

I hope you all can access Jcink without problems.

-GF Staff

QUOTE (NBK*Twitch @ October 05, 2009 12:11 pm) QUOTE (Stosh @ October 04, 2009 06:01 pm) No, all an ISP is is a big router...
True true,but if I remember correctly, when you are hosting your own server it is best to use wired connection.
He has a dedicated computer running as a router/firewall. It is a wired connection.

Back