Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In an exclusive interview by Collider with John Wick producer Erica Lee, the former explained that part of The Continental's appeal comes from “learning about the hotels and the Easter eggs” that help shine on the inner workings of the High Table and perhaps even John's childhood. Lee admits that some pitches for The Continental explored continuing with an alternate timeline. However, the chosen approach will allow fans to learn more about the iconic hotels, such as “What is the staff like? How do you get into The Continental? How are the gold coins made?”

Despite its ambitious nature, The Continental will only be three episodes long. Each entry will run for 90 minutes when the show eventually releases later this year on Peackock's streaming service in the United States or Amazon Prime Video in the rest of the world. Besides The Continental spinoff, a film titled Ballerina starring Ana de Armas is also in production.

I'm still stuck in episode 1 of the show. For some reason, I can't understand, it feels the show was slow for my liking. John Wick was fast paced with fighting and shooting but not this one except for the beginning of the show.

I need to watch this, even if it is only 3 episodes.

I'm still stuck in episode 1 of the show. For some reason, I can't understand, it feels the show was slow for my liking. John Wick was fast paced with fighting and shooting but not this one except for the beginning of the show.
I actually kind of worried that this might be a problem with the TV shows. John Wick is an amazing movie series as it is action packed and has this immense backstory and lore that we're only provided tidbits of as they need to in order to advance the story.

While I would certainly like to know more of the lore, storytelling was not exactly the strong suit of the series. And it is definitely a subject that they can get absolutely lost in time with.

Although I haven't checked out the series yet myself.

Well, they have more time so they would need to pad things out a bit.

I actually kind of worried that this might be a problem with the TV shows. John Wick is an amazing movie series as it is action packed and has this immense backstory and lore that we're only provided tidbits of as they need to in order to advance the story.

While I would certainly like to know more of the lore, storytelling was not exactly the strong suit of the series. And it is definitely a subject that they can get absolutely lost in time with.

Although I haven't checked out the series yet myself.
It just doesn't feel like anything John Wick. There was too many different characters making moves in show which is directly opposite of what John Wick is about.
Well, they have more time so they would need to pad things out a bit.
Maybe, they better work it out well soon.

Back