Just wanted to say the forum layout is great!

Agreed, I've been on a lot of forums, most using XenForo like this one, but none compare to GamingLatest. It's a clean and consistent design, which is rare and I've always felt more motivated to make good posts and feel part of the community when I can see it in the best way possible. This place really has a a lot more features and customization than most sites and the simple things like moods, achievements and (the rarest feature) a nice collection of avatars available. The store is also quite cool, its like a way of the site showing appreciation for your effort, which is great.

Thanks for the kind comments to both of you, when we upgraded the website last year from IPB to Xenforo, along with a name change - a custom theme and additions to the forum which added value for gamers were two of the biggest things we wanted to implement. We are glad our efforts are noticed :)

Thanks for the comments guys :) even back on IPB I still got the same kind of comments, guess I'm a master forum craftsmen.

There is still a lot of polishing I need to do around here (like adding more and sorting the avatars, adjust store prices, ect.) and I think early next year I'll look into a newer skin. Maybe a light skin then follow up with a new dark.

I never uderstood why people consider dark themes easy on the eyes. For me it's the exact opposite. I always prefer light themes because dark themes cause me eye strain.

This is usually because dark themes are well... dark, which means you can view pages at night more easily, especially if you can't dim your display down as much as you'd like to. It also works as a good accentuation against primary colors and does give things a very different feel. In the case of a gaming forum, I think its probably better as darker colors are more synonymous with that type of thing (look at Steam) and it does look quite nice in my opinion.

This is usually because dark themes are well... dark, which means you can view pages at night more easily, especially if you can't dim your display down as much as you'd like to. It also works as a good accentuation against primary colors and does give things a very different feel. In the case of a gaming forum, I think its probably better as darker colors are more synonymous with that type of thing (look at Steam) and it does look quite nice in my opinion.
It is exactly at nighttime that I dislike dark themes the most because I tend to turn the lights off sometimes in my room when I stay up late to browse the internet. I don't have an illuminated keyboard, so it is incredibly difficult to type if I want to post something on forums with dark themes.

That's why on my forums I always have at least one light theme.

It is exactly at nighttime that I dislike dark themes the most because I tend to turn the lights off sometimes in my room when I stay up late to browse the internet. I don't have an illuminated keyboard, so it is incredibly difficult to type if I want to post something on forums with dark themes.

That's why on my forums I always have at least one light theme.
We have a light theme option, its not custom, but should be a good option for you at least.

I never uderstood why people consider dark themes easy on the eyes. For me it's the exact opposite. I always prefer light themes because dark themes cause me eye strain.

Each their own, I just know on a light skin all the whiteness just increases the brightness and kills my eyes. With dark themes I have less brightness affecting me, I even have a plugin on firefox that turns all webpages black.

We have a light theme option, its not custom, but should be a good option for you at least.

It's why I have one, to meet all needs.

Back