froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Kaspersky recently accused Microsoft of unfair practices for the way it deletes the company’s antivirus during Windows updates. The Russian company has now filed a number of regulatory complaints to right what it sees as a tremendous wrong.

Read More

I would be annoyed if Microsoft to disable/delete my third-party antivirus program, and other programs during a Windows Update.

In a way, a computer maybe more safe by not running Windows Update if the reports are true that Windows is deleting Kaspersky Antivirus.

Deleting antivirus can cause a computer to be more at risk at getting infected by malware like a virus, ransomware, spyware, adware, and other bad programs, and hackers since a lot of antivirus also comes with antimalware, antiransomware, antispyware, and firewall programs built-in to protect computers from malware, and hackers.

I wonder could Microsoft be held responsible if Windows Updates delete a users antivirus, and other security software like Firewall which causes their PC to be more likely to be infected by a virus, or hacked by a hacker.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did this, MS has been rather nazi controlling of late with their W10 OS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did this, MS has been rather nazi controlling of late with their W10 OS.

It is disappointing that PC users are losing more control over Windows where MS and Windows make decisions for the user which can sometimes cause the user to lose work if an auto-update breaks Windows, or their PC get infected by a virus if Kaspersky got disabled, and the built-in virus protection for Windows like Windows Defender and Windows Firewall failed to stop a virus or malware infection which Kaspersky Antivirus and its bundled Firewall would of stopped if Kaspersky was still installed in Windows after the update.

My so far expirience with Windows 10 was rather dissapointing. While other users I have talked to like it very much bacause it is limiting and rather "simple" i find that many of its options are just making more problems. As for anti-virus software , I use Avast at the moment but i never had problems with it because it very lightweight. I don't even dare to try Kaspersky with Windows 10. :mad::mad::mad:

My so far expirience with Windows 10 was rather dissapointing. While other users I have talked to like it very much bacause it is limiting and rather "simple" i find that many of its options are just making more problems. As for anti-virus software , I use Avast at the moment but i never had problems with it because it very lightweight. I don't even dare to try Kaspersky with Windows 10. :mad::mad::mad:

I don't like how Windows 10 latest version which is Creator is opening the settings app instead of the control panel programs like Add Remove programs found in the control panel.

Kaspersky is a good paid antivirus for Windows, and it has a high virus detection rate of 100% according to 13 Security Solutions for Corporate Users under Windows 10 Put to the Test on 14th June 2017.

Kaspersky and other paid antivirus programs are good for users and large companies who also need tech support using an antivirus instead of relying on free antivirus where there is no phone and e-mail technical support, and users need to use the free antivirus tech support forum if it exist on the free antivirus programs website.

Free antivirus sometimes contain ads which ask you to upgrade to the paid version of its Antivirus, and the virus and malware definition , and program updates maybe updated less often which leave you more vulnerable to virus infections.

Last edited:
Back