Switch Katamari Damacy Reroll's Unfortunate Release Date

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
From the official Bandai Namco Twitter, Katamari Damacy Reroll will release on December 7th!

Bandai Namco US on Twitter

Whoever made that decision made one fatal error, however. That's the same day that Smash Ultimate comes out and anyone who owns a Switch and are buying video games that day are obviously going to get Smash. I'd called it a 90/10 split (just to be generous.)

I was planning on getting this game the day it came out because I've never played a Katamari Damacy game before, but now I think I'm going to wait a bit because I already have too much on my gaming plate.

How about everyone else? Is anyone planning to get both on the same day?

oopf, yeah that is a bad day to release a game on. But hopefully it does better down the line.

This game is going to have a crap release week. I can't even see it getting 10% of the sales compared to Smash. I'd say 3-4% would be generous. Hopefully they didn't invest a ton into making it and can thusly recoup costs with a lower sales figure.

Ouch! It's always hard to release a game when there's a bigger game coming out that same day, or even that same week. There's going to be a lot of people asking for Smash Bros. for Christmas, if that don't get that game the same day it comes out, because it's a really popular game. I wonder what made them decide to release those games at the same time.

Back