Kid Icarus Mythology roots?

Medusa isn't even all that important in greek mythology, yet she is a huge character in the Kid Icarus series...
Medusa is very important in Greek mythology. What are you talking about? Medusa was turned into a monster by the Greek Goddess Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, because she did some things that I won't mention out loud in her temple or shirine or whatever. She was also important because she's one of the reasons Hercules became an immortal. Plus wasn't Atlas, the titan holding the Earth, turned to stone using Medusa's head? Plus Percules used a mirror shield to do something with Medusa, but I can't remember what.

Long story short, she was very important.

"Percules" made me lol xD

Well... Medusa was turned into a monster by Zeus's wife(Rhea, I think). I think they put her in the game because people feel bad for her. The main villian (not medusa) in Kid Icarus wants power, not unlike our nation's leaders today.
For me, Medusa's Story is one of the saddest greek myth... Medusa was once a beautiful lady who is loyal and pure but was cursed by Athena because she had an affair with the sea god Poseidon.. Medusa didn't want the curse, Nothing is more sad when you can't do anything about your life because you are powerless... :(:(

Back