Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
xdBYEgn.jpg

Kingston Digital has taken the wraps off a new flash drive with a crazy high capacity, relatively speaking: 2TB. That’s despite its small 72mm x 26.9mm x 21mm size, making it an exceptionally small way to tote around a lot of data. According to Kingston, this capacity can accommodate up to 70 hours of 4K UHD-resolution videos.

Read More

A 2TB USB flash drive is a lot of space, and could be good for game consoles like the Xbox One and some Android TV consoles which lets you use an External USB drive for storing games.

I wish I could just pop that into my PS4 usb port.

But nice as it is, it be a pain if you lost it.

There are drive cloning/imaging programs which make it simple to clone USB Drives, Flash drives, and other storage drives to a bigger size drive.

But, this 2TB flash drive probably cost hundreds of dollars, so you will lose hundreds of dollars once you lost this drive.

There are drive cloning/imaging programs which make it simple to clone USB Drives, Flash drives, and other storage drives to a bigger size drive.

But, this 2TB flash drive probably cost hundreds of dollars, so you will lose hundreds of dollars once you lost this drive.

not many follow the faithful practice of backing up their devices.

not many follow the faithful practice of backing up their devices.

I agree not many people faithfully backup their data, photocopy, print out important documents like contracts, receipts, earning information, and tax related documents which you may need to prove you are innocent if you get accused of not being honest with your tax returns.

Thankfully, external drives smaller than 2TB like 500GB are now cheaper, so people can at least backup some of their important files like photos, tax returns, contracts, and receipts if they bother to backup only their important files.

Back