PlayStation Kojima's New Horror Game Project Overdose ?

cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

Several years after P.T. and the cancellation of Silent Hills, it looks like Kojima's next game has returned to horror. Sources have reportedly send known leaker Tom Henderson footage of Kojima's upcoming terror-filled project, which is codenamed Overdose. The footage was brief but spoke volumes; it reportedly showed Margaret Qualley, who portrayed Mama in Death Stranding, as a lead character in a blue dress.

If accurate, Overdose will have a cinematic look and feel similar to Death Stranding, featuring high-end motion captures. Kojima has been working with Kojima Productions' new LA-based studio, which is also using Sony's advanced motion capture technology. Kojima has said his new game would be a "radical project" that pushes a "new era of experimentation" and "challenge different mediums".

So Kojima himself just said that he is working on another game besides "baby fetish 2" lol, hopefully this other game will be proper survival horror P.T like game and not like Death Stranding.

He posted a video tour on his new game dev studio narrated by Japanese Solid Snake's voice actor:

Kojima mentioned more on the new game other than DS 2, read from IGN:

Kojima said the game was pitched to a large number of potential partners, but Microsoft was the only one to really get the concept while others thought he was “mad”.

“I tend to get easily bored,” he said. “Part of why I’ve been able to make games for 30 years is because new technology replaces the old so quickly. The tech you use today may not be applicable tomorrow, and I’m interested in figuring out ways to incorporate the new. Making the wrong choice can result in failure, of course. It’s a bit like a space program in that way.

“The project we’re working on with Microsoft is one I have been thinking about for five or six years already. The project required infrastructure that was never needed before, so I discussed it with lots of different big companies and gave presentations, but they really seemed to think that I was mad. It was ultimately Microsoft who showed that they understood, and now we’re working together on the project, including the technology front.”

Kojima mentioned more on the new game other than DS 2, read from IGN:

Kojima said the game was pitched to a large number of potential partners, but Microsoft was the only one to really get the concept while others thought he was “mad”.

“I tend to get easily bored,” he said. “Part of why I’ve been able to make games for 30 years is because new technology replaces the old so quickly. The tech you use today may not be applicable tomorrow, and I’m interested in figuring out ways to incorporate the new. Making the wrong choice can result in failure, of course. It’s a bit like a space program in that way.

“The project we’re working on with Microsoft is one I have been thinking about for five or six years already. The project required infrastructure that was never needed before, so I discussed it with lots of different big companies and gave presentations, but they really seemed to think that I was mad. It was ultimately Microsoft who showed that they understood, and now we’re working together on the project, including the technology front.”

I view him as mad lol.

Reactions: cm2
Back