froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft has confirmed that a significant chunk of its source code for Windows 10 was posted to a repository called BetaArchive. The exact size of the leak has been disputed, but the data reportedly comes from the Shared Source Kit that Microsoft distributes to trusted partners.

Read More

This isn't good news for Windows. Security concerns from source code leaks are bad news for users.

But, Windows may end up having a lot of OS competition from unofficial homemade versions of Windows made with the leaked code of Windows which compete with Windows, and take away users from Windows.

There maybe also a lot of unofficial versions of Windows being sold on fake websites, and less trustworthy stores which sell knock-off/clones of popular software.

There maybe some computer programmers who use the source code to make a custom operating system to run Windows software, and use hardware like Printer, Scanners, and video cards which only works in Windows, or only runs well on Windows while it runs less reliably on Apple Mac and Linux.

If there are enough users who use knockoff/cloned version of Windows, software and game makers may need to modify their software to work on the knockoff versions of Windows as well, or risk losing a lot of paying customers.

Last edited:
Are you telling me they never expected the source code to be posted online? That's kind of dumb thinking.

Are you telling me they never expected the source code to be posted online? That's kind of dumb thinking.

I think MS never expected for the source code to be posted online after a few years of released.

Microsoft also may not of been very prepared for the day that the Windows 10 source code being leaked which can cause hackers to look for security concerns, and possibly, make unofficial versions of Windows 10 to sell, or trick people into buying and downloading at unofficial stores, and websites which sell fake, and cloned software.

Last edited:
I think MS never expected for the source code to be posted online after a few years of released.

Microsoft also may not of been very prepared for the day that the Windows 10 source code being leaked which can cause hackers to look for security concerns, and possibly, make unofficial versions of Windows 10 to sell, or trick people into buying and downloading at unofficial stores, and websites which sell fake, and cloned software.

there are master programmers and hackers everywhere, only thing I'm surprised about is that it hasn't leaked sooner.

there are master programmers and hackers everywhere, only thing I'm surprised about is that it hasn't leaked sooner.

It may have leaked sooner since there is the dark web where you need to use a TOR/The Onion Router web browser and other more advance internet programs to view online files, and websites.

I think this is the first leak to the non-dark web which is visible to web users which use a regular web browser like Firefox and other file transfer programs like Filezila FTP client.

It may have leaked sooner since there is the dark web where you need to use a TOR/The Onion Router web browser and other more advance internet programs to view online files, and websites.

I think this is the first leak to the non-dark web which is visible to web users which use a regular web browser like Firefox and other file transfer programs like Filezila FTP client.

you actually need TOR to access the dark web?

you actually need TOR to access the dark web?

Tor can be accessed with a TOR web browser add-on, or dedicated TOR web browser. TOR mainly uses many TOR proxy servers to hide TOR user identities as best it can.

Yes, you need to use TOR, and know the TOR website links to access websites in the TOR internet found on the dark web which is hidden from the regular mainstream internet.

That's a shame since I recently upgraded to W10 and I'm seriously enjoying it. The voice activation feature is really great and even though simply clicking the thing on your computer is faster and easier, there's a satisfaction of using your voice to activate a command from an AI program to do it for you. This is the future, after all!

Back